All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and Floppy Colon
      #249552 - 03/01/06 03:36 PM
LollarBee

Reged: 03/01/06

Hello, I recently had a colonoscopy and my gastroenterologist mentioned "in passing" that I had a floppy colon (I had also not fully evacuated). I've had IBS symptoms my entire life (I'm 46). I purchased your Big Kahuna package (too recently to have received it yet) -- but I got to thinking -- what is floppy colon? There's a lot of info on the internet so I was wondering, does this separate my diagosis from IBS or will I still be able to use your guidelines. The doctor also said I "just" have a bad case of IBS. The colonoscopy was Friday of this past week, and I still have not had a bowell movement! My symptoms fluctuate between constipation and diarrhea with much "after effects" as I call it (the cramping, bloating, excrutiating pain.) Anyway, any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. timglowry@comcast.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and Floppy Colon new
      #249562 - 03/01/06 04:05 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

I believe you have same condition as myself except I have diverticulosis as well. Doctor here called it a redundant colon. In other words a longer colon with more loops thus harder to clear at times.

With the colonoscopy the prep did not completely clear my colon either because of those extra turns.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 288

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review