All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Do you often have unexplained days of instability?
      #248821 - 02/26/06 07:41 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I can't think of anything I've had unsafe to eat yet the last couple of days I've been so gassy and going to the bathroom almost after everything I put in my mouth! Not D but lots of little BM's. I made a pasta dish last night with tomatoes and white beans but normally those things don't bother me. I made a gooey fudgy safe cake today from the recipie board. Safe pizza with soy cheese. Now that can make me gassy but the going a lot puzzles me. Maybe just an off day for no particular reason?

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do you often have unexplained days of instability? new
      #248830 - 02/26/06 08:41 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Sometimes it just seems to happen. Soy can bother people sometimes. My body usually goes through a gassy phase while it is adjusting to a new soy product. But that seems to be the only effect soy has on me and it always goes away, so I don't mind it. Other things that can have an effect are lack of sleep, weather, how much water you're drinking, menstrual cycles, stress, even air quality I have noticed seems to set my gut off if it's real bad. Though I haven't heard anything about the air quality factor from anyone else so that may just be me. Having lots of little BMs can actually be a sign of C sometimes. If the BMs are soft and I'm going frequently, even if they're not D, if it is getting in the way of my day, I'll take a dose of Immodium so my body can sort of reset itself.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#248835 - 02/26/06 09:21 PM
EvilCats

Reged: 02/24/05

Yeah, I've had days where I ate everything right, but my stomach just decided to be my enemy.

I think it's important to remember that even people who don't have IBS have bad days. Nobody can escape the occasional bout of diarrhea or constipation. (We just seem to get more than our fair share of it!)

Warm regards,
EvilCats

#248868 - 02/27/06 08:01 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

After being stable for years on this diet, I still have days where I am exactly the same way - with no explanation. It could be that you were a bit more sensitive to the tomatoes, or beans, or soy cheese - who knows? Could be any number of things. I hate those days with lots of little poops. I get butt burn - it hurts!!!
Chalk it up as a bad day, drink some peppermint tea and feel better.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2049 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review