All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
foods..
      #248457 - 02/24/06 01:18 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

hey everyone, i was searching here and some other places for foods that are safe to eat with ibs-d, and i picked out the ones i liked.. i have this list, and i have some things im wondering about..if someone can help me, i'd appreciate it! also, will these foods help with weight loss?

i have rice, pasta, oatmeal, white bread, potatoes, bananas, applesauce, peeled apples, baked lays, graham crackers, rice cakes.

and the ones im not sure of, are as follows, can someone let me know if these are 'good' or 'bad'..im new to this! and does anyone have recipes? heres the list:

crystal lite on the go (for bottled water), jello, luna bars (are these any good?) fruit snacks, kraft marshmallows, tuna, skinless chicken, pita bread, and i also read somewhere , gerber baby food, has anyone tried it? im trying to figure out how to make small meals out of the stuff i like, im a picky eater i'd love some input, thanks!!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: foods.. new
      #248471 - 02/24/06 02:29 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Your safe list looks good, except that I'd be careful of oatmeal when you have D. Some people are fine with it, but it is a whole grain, and it bothers some people (like me).

Crystal lite is a no no! It's full of artificial sweeteners, which are nasty for IBS. Jello has lots of artificial flavors so it's not always best. It depends what your body can tolerate.

Tuna, chicken, Luna bars, and pita bread are super safe. At least for me... some people have trouble with Lunas. Once again it's all about your body. You'll have to try things out.

I'm not sure about marshmallows or fruit snacks. They may have high fructose corn syrup, which I'm fine with but some people are sensitive to.

Good luck! Feel free to ask about anything else you're unsure about.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#248483 - 02/24/06 03:52 PM
chely24

thanks for the answers!!! is chicken pretty much the safest meat?? if i just eat the things on my list, it should help me start dropping pounds right?

--------------------

#248515 - 02/24/06 05:22 PM
rox53

Reged: 02/23/04

For me personally, I can eat fruit snacks (I actually love them!). I also eat tuna in pita bread. I can't eat outmeal, gives me D and very gassy.

I lost some weight and I basically ate a lot of skinless chicken breast (cooked on the George Foreman Grill), just a little rice, applesauce, soy chips, peeled asian pears, papaya, and turkey breast. When I ate this I immediately dropped some pounds and I don't have a lot of pounds to drop but I wanted to lose 8 pounds and did so.

I think this diet is pretty good in keeping the pounds off because everything is low in fat. The one thing that keeps the weight on for me is all the white starches, like bread & rice. Once I cut out the rice I was able to lose a lot of weight.

Hope this helps.

#248524 - 02/24/06 05:34 PM
chely24

thanks rox!! i have alot of weight i need to lose! so im really hoping this helps me! i love fruit snacks too, they dont really bother me, so i guess ill continue with those, theyre fat free too so i like that lol

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 581

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review