All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Relieving Constipation w/ Black Soy Beans
      #248427 - 02/24/06 11:47 AM
Jackey

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Orlando, Florida

My Herbologist gave me black soy beans and told me to soak 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. in water for 12 hours, then chew them (very well). I take mine at night before I go to bed and in the AM I have a REGULAR BM just like non-IBS people! I feel "All Done" and, feel great starting the day this way. This has worked from day 3 onward. It's been 1 month now and I am even having 2 REGULAR BMs a day sometimes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

where can we buy these? new
      #248435 - 02/24/06 12:08 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

They must be very tiny if you only take 1/2 - 1 tsp. Not much would fit in that if they were big. How many do you usually fit in a tsp?

You don't get bloat/gas from these beans?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Do you eat these raw? new
      #248482 - 02/24/06 03:47 PM
penpal

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Pacific Northwest

You mentioned that you just soaked the beans. I thought raw beans might give you a stomach ache? Perhaps soybeans are different. This sounds very interesting - I'll have to get some and give it a try.

--------------------
Penny

Re: Do you eat these raw? new
      #248991 - 02/27/06 04:08 PM
Jackey

Yes, My Herbologist gave them to me uncooked and told me to soak them for 12 hours(I do this in the morning and take the next morning). They don't give me a stomach ache because they soften up quite a bit and I was advised to chew, chew, chew, until they were about liquid in my mouth before swallowing. FYI...that's what she advised for all foods - chew, chew, chew. This is annoying for me because I'm an impatient and fast eater but I've found this forces me to breathe (interesting side effect) and slow down in general! The idea is that the intestines don't have to break it down much more. The side effect is that it is an intestinal, colon cleanser. She even said it helps lower cholesterol. FYI...for other types of beans I take an Enzyme with it(Enzy-med, I think), that helps my body absorb it without the nasty side effect - how do you say..."peppy la pew!"

Re: where can we buy these? new
      #248992 - 02/27/06 04:17 PM
Jackey

Hi! Yes, they are quite small. I'd say there are about 6-8 in a teaspoon. I've increased my dosage to about 12 beans now (I think a heaping Tbs.) since I'm seeing bigger results. My Herbologist gave these to me. I haven't looked for them in a store yet, but would imagine they would be in a health food store or an Indian/Asian market. I will look for both of us. And, no, I don't get gas from these, it's strange, but true. From other beans, I do. But, the black soy beans are supposed to have a natural cleansing property for the digestive system. Perhaps that is why they don't give me gas. Or I may be different from you. I DO get gas from other beans and I take an enzyme to help with that. I think it's called Enzy-med. It was referred to me and I take it with almost anything that is questionable. I'm able to digest quite nicely - no side effects, even latent ones.

Are they hard, dried beans? new
      #249010 - 02/27/06 06:45 PM
Augie

That you would find by the bagged chickpeas or lentils? Or are they moist, canned food. I don't understand how you have to cook these to get them safe.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Are they hard, dried beans? new
      #250275 - 03/06/06 01:14 PM
Jackey

Sorry to answer so late. I don't cook them. I just soak the dry beans in water for 24 hours and then drain, rinse, and chew, chew, chew, then swallow. That's it. My Accupuncturist gave these to me (she's Nationally certified and also a degreed nurse for 20 years). I haven't looked for them in the store yet. You may ask at Whole Foods, Chamberlain's, or a local health food store. They are black soy beans -very tiny. And, it is weird...I get gas from all other beans - but not these! Maybe they were blessed! I have no idea. I just know they help me be as regular as possible and thought they might help you. Worth a try, maybe?

I haven't been able to find these new
      #251750 - 03/12/06 08:35 AM
Augie

Maybe since they are soy based, they would cause me too much gas anyhow. If anyone finds them, please post where!

I found regular black beans....but I assume they wouldn't be the equivalent?

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 864 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review