All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lexapro ?
      #248191 - 02/23/06 04:17 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Ok...this might give everyone a strange laugh...but ever since i started on Lexapro I have had terrible nightmares! I feel like a child when I wake up sweating and crying...which of course leaves me very unable to sleep. Anyone experience this or know if it's a normal side effect? I've only been on it a bit over a month, and feel fabulous...except for my terrible nights. Last night I dreamt my boyfriend was going to cut me up and put me in a box. that's just crazy...! anyway, thanks!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lexapro ? new
      #248270 - 02/23/06 09:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Talk to your doctor. I would say that's not necessarily a normal side effect. I'm on lexapro and haven't experienced anything like that - I mean, I have terrible nightmares, but they're not any worse on lexapro than they were before.

Anyway, my point is that if it's interfering with your sleep, it's enough of a problem to mention to your doctor, whether it's "normal" or not. Good luck!

#256020 - 04/03/06 05:55 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My doc put me on this today. 2 side effects she mentioned are dry mouth and vivid dreams. She said they were the only often recorded side effects.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#256040 - 04/03/06 06:38 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I just replied to your other post..but forgot. The vivid dreams are pretty annoying. It takes me 10 min in the AM to figure out what was real and what was a dream...they are horribly vivid....but I only had 1 ngihtmare, they usually are just very realistic

--------------------
IBS-A

I've been on it a year now... new
      #256055 - 04/03/06 07:05 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

and can't say I've experienced that, though the fact that I don't sleep well might be a contributor to that since I rarely ever get to a full REM sleep(been that way my whole life, nothing new). Everyone reacts differently though to meds.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7748 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review