All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lime and orange
      #247804 - 02/22/06 08:58 AM
Imelda Rollins

Reged: 02/22/06

I've been having a cold for more than a month and I wonder what I can have instead of lime to obtain enough vitamin c.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lime and orange new
      #247923 - 02/22/06 03:45 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Try babyfood. They are already cooked and pureed for you. I think about a full can would probably give you 70% daily recommended calcium? I'm not sure, but be careful which flavours you get. Read the ingredients. Get flavours like apple, blueberry, pear, or strawberry.

--------------------
IBS-C

Emergen C (in the natural health section of store) new
      #247938 - 02/22/06 04:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Why can't you have lime? Also try vitamin C lozenges.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: lime and orange new
      #248012 - 02/23/06 05:50 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

I had what I truly thought was a cold from around Thanksgiving through last week. Around mid-January, my hubby and my boss talked me into going to my doc, even though I told them I was going to do awful things if he told me it was "just a cold". Turns out I had a sinus infection that took over a month to kill off. I had no headache, no pain, nothing - just what felt like a moderate cold. The imaging of my head showed a sinus infection, and now, after 6 weeks on three different antibiotics, my "cold" is gone. A cold shouldn't last more than four weeks. If it does, it may be something else (even if it doesn't feel like it). You might want to have this checked.

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review