All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and possible Endometriosis Link?
      #247800 - 02/22/06 08:39 AM
axela

Reged: 02/22/06

I've struggled with IBS for about 11 years. I am so fed up with the pain... I was put on low estrogen bc pills 6 months ago to see if my pain was really IBS or ovarian in nature (e.g. from ovulation). Since I've been on the bc pills, my attacks have become more frequent! I have a follow up with my gynocologist next week, but now I am wondering if it is solely IBS or if there might be some endometriosis growing from my "female parts" and attached to my bowel. (I also have a redundant colon).

Anybody have thoughts on this? If it's not endometriosis, I think I need to put all of my faith in my gastro and Heather....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and possible Endometriosis Link? new
      #247831 - 02/22/06 10:32 AM
Johana3

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: Puerto Rico

i understand you, i have endometriosis and i think that the 2 are in a frienship to destroy me. i take the pills too and my ibs get worst much worst, so i quit, now i will make my doctor search where is my endometriosis couse i think is disturbing my gut too.

im new to this, but i can say that following the things i learn here i get more better, just taking fiber help me a lot with the D, by the way when is time of period is worst much worst. the teas too are a bless for the gass and such problems. my gastro just give me bad advice, here is where i actually find some really help. i recomend you to read as much as you can here and make the changes,im happy i do it.
i cant buy for now the Heather products( very low income ) but i do took the things they recomend: teas and fiber and suplements and do the food advice and feel lots better.

sorry for the long message and the bad english ,
j

--------------------
Thanks God for the new Day .

#248013 - 02/23/06 05:55 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

I know that hormones can really whack your system, and aggravate your IBS. I had (finally) a hysterectomy last fall, and my IBS has become less frequent and less debilitating since then. If the hormones (bc pills) are making things worse, go back to the doctor and tell him / her you want off them and why. If they listen and suggest alternatives, you've got a decent doctor. If not, find one. Every month, and every week toward the end, I would have full blown IBS-D attacks that kept me home for the first few days of each period. Nothing is worth that. It is absollutely possible to have both, and the bc pills could agggravate either one, so I'm confused about what taking them would prove? Also, you may have some other female issue (adenomyosis and ovarian cysts are two other hormone aggravated / related female issues that would cause pain and cramping).

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

Edited by BethE (02/23/06 05:58 AM)

#248032 - 02/23/06 07:15 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

There are a number of posts on this both on the Diet Board and in the Living Room. You can Search on endometriosis with no time limit and across all Boards to find them.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#248048 - 02/23/06 08:11 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I don't know if there's an actual link between the two. You could have both, independently of each other, or the endo could just be giving you IBS-like symptoms.

I have a friend who's having surgery this week to remove endo from around her colon, which is squeezing it and causing D. This is giving her IBS like symptoms, but her doctors are sure that it will go away once they "free" her colon. I hope so!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 465 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 750

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review