All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Interstitial Cystitis and IBS
      #247676 - 02/21/06 04:17 PM
Liza

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: NJ

Hi! This is my first time posting and I am seeking information that is helpful for treating both interstitial cystitis and IBS at the same time. The fiber helps a lot - but not entirely. I'm doing the hypnosis tapes and lots of yoga to minimize stress - but, it seems that when I adjust my diet for one IBS - the IC acts up. Any one out there with the same thing?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Interstitial Cystitis and IBS new
      #247716 - 02/21/06 06:11 PM
penpal

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Pacific Northwest

Hi Lisa,

I also have IBS-C and have had bladder problems in the past. I have had cystitis both with and without infection. My naturopath recommended that I try a supplement called D-Mannose and it's helped me very much. D-Mannose is highly refined cranberry extract in powder form - like having gallons of cranberry juice. You mix about 1/2 tsp. in some water and drink it. I haven't had a bout of cystitis in over a year (fingers crossed). I also drink LOTS of water now. I'm sure you've been told to do the same. Sometimes I didn't know whether the pain was coming from the IBS or the cystitis. Now I'm trying to get a handle on my IBS. I've had it for seven years and had given up finding any relief until I found this site recently. The SF foods and Heather's guidelines have helped me quite a bit. At least I have some hope now! I hope you get some relief from your problems.

--------------------
Penny

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1791 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review