All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
return of IBS
      #247544 - 02/21/06 08:02 AM
pkilgore

Reged: 02/21/06

After using Heather's Tummy Fiber, I thought I found my cure. After about one month of using the fiber, I was fealling great. Unfortunetly, it seems for the past three weeks, my IBS has returned. I have continued with the fiber as before but nothing seems to be helping. Is it possible, the stomach can get used to the fiber and then have to find another allternate?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: return of IBS new
      #247549 - 02/21/06 08:13 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

Sorry to hear about the return of your symptoms. I've never heard of it getting used to the treatment, especially soluble fiber, ginger, peppermint, etc. I suppose anything is possible, though. However, you may want to double check what else you are eating/ drinking, because I know that for me, once I started feeling better, I let my diet slide a little thinking I could get away with it, and I did for a while. Of course, a little slide became a BIG slide, and pow, the problems returned. Also,I understand that even with everything being ok, an unusual stressor can trigger it for some people. Good luck!

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

I agree new
      #247550 - 02/21/06 08:17 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I, too, have felt great, slipped a little, slipped a lot, and ended up in a heap at the foot of the mountain. So do take a look at your diet.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: I agree new
      #248008 - 02/23/06 05:31 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

Also remember that one change (like adding a fiber supplement) will help, but won't cure IBS (no cure, just treatment), and that even stable you may have occasional bouts after illness, surgery, or stress of any kind, if those things bother you.

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review