All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can't eat anything---help
      #245905 - 02/13/06 09:09 AM
sgebhardt

Reged: 08/19/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

It's 'that time of month' -- just started today. Woke up with nasty cramps, had a really bad attack already this morning. Nothing is helping. I ate a little oatmeal but couldn't really stomach it. I've got no appetite and as far as the attack and cramping goes...well, I've tried everything I could think of an nothing is working. Any ideas? I've tried immodium but it isn't helping for some reason. Usually it does. I'm also wearing a heat patch which isn't helping either. I've taken the medication prescribed for cramps but I'm felling so sick with the attack that I don't even really notice if it did anything for the cramping. I'm thinking I may just have to suffer thru it this time. I have a fever too...definitely do not have the flu...this always happens to me every month. Just seems to be worse this month.

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can't eat anything---help new
      #246077 - 02/13/06 09:03 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh I'm sorry you're feeling so awful!
That fever sounds a little suspicious... are you sure everything's ok there, if you get that every month? Maybe you should talk to a doctor or pharmacist about that?

For your attack though, stick to the 'what to eat when you can't eat anything foods' - white rice, white bread, bananas, applesauce etc. - and see how you can stomach those. Drink lots and lots of soothing herbal teas. Hopefully you can spend some time at home away from work or school/other duties etc.? Camp out in bed with a hot pack (I find the bean baggy ones you heat up in the microwave are more effective than the sticky patches, personally) on your tummy and indulge in trashy movies or novels or something else indulgent

I'm always really bad at that time of the month too. Is your period pretty regular? If you can predict when it's going to come, I find that making a "pre-emtive strike" on it can really help - eat really safe the few days before (even only SF in necessary), take some preventative Immodiums each morning, sleep with a hot pack on to calm your stomach and uterus, keep stress as low as possible... etc.

Feel better soon! *hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 915 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review