All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
2 questions and a funny story
      #245810 - 02/12/06 02:58 PM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

I'm going on vacation next week and I'm worried I'll be running out of acacia. can I switch to the same dosage of Benefiber, or does it require adjustment?

Also, are store-bought English muffins really ok? I had been buying Thomas' original and sourdough for a while, and then I finally looked at the ingredients...They involve both eggs and milk, in several varieties. Is there a particular brand that I should buy, or am I just being paranoid?

And...funny story: I found a non-casein soy cheese and bought way too much of it, thinking it would go well on turkey burgers. Yeurgh. It was awful. My cats, however, love the stuff. Both of them started meowing as soon as it came out and devoured it when I gave them each a slice of cheese. Too strange.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

English muffins new
      #245819 - 02/12/06 03:54 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

The only brand I've found that does not contain dairy is Whole Foods, found at my local Whole Foods store. My non-IBS BF loves the whole wheat ones, so we pick up white ones for me and whole wheat ones for him and that's at least part of breakfast for us most mornings.

Benefiber is fine, there is a dose adjustment, as I believe there is less fiber per teaspoon than with Acacia. Check the stick post about Acaca/SFS for the dose adjustment info.

Enjoy your vacation!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: English muffins new
      #245872 - 02/13/06 02:49 AM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

Thanks! I love Whole Foods, so if their muffins work that's definitely no hardship. And I should have thought to poke around for a fiber posting. Good pointer.

Re: 2 questions and a funny story new
      #247720 - 02/21/06 06:25 PM
T~N~T

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Ohio

I bought some English muffins for my boyfriend and I had one. Then I thought I would check the ingredients. They had high fructose corn syrup in them. My Doc says this is a big no, no. They put that stuff in everything. I think the brand was Thomas. But I found one that was from our local grocery (Kroger) that was safe. It was their store brand.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~
T
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2603 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 796

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review