All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I survived the CT scan even though the nasty drink triggered an IBS attack...(m)
      #2455 - 03/11/03 11:28 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I had my CT scan this morning. I drank the first "glass" of the nasty drink at 5:30 a.m. and was supposed to drink the second "glass" at 7:30 a.m. But, around 6:30 the first dose went straight through and kept going through until just before leaving the house for the test. I called the CT nurse and told her what was going on and that I didn't take the second dose and she said that was OK. They made me drink another dose while I was on the CT table...then they injected some other contrast stuff and I was done within a half hour. Went home and ate some breakfast and made sure it was going to "sit" with me before heading into work. The difficult thing is that I have a 20 minute comute to town. Luckily I didn't have any "accidents". All in all things went OK...now I'm just tired and trying to get things done here at work. Plus with on the internal commotion this morning, I'm now dealing with the "left over cramps", etc. I told the nurse what I was going through with the IBS-D and she said that she has just the opposite...has had since her first born child. Said it makes her back hurt. So we had a little something in common.

Thanks for all your support!!! I really appreciate it!
{{{{hugs to all of you}}}}}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I survived the CT scan even though the nasty drink triggered an IBS attack...(m) new
      #2468 - 03/11/03 01:33 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Way to go! I'm so glad you're done. Sigh of relief and jumps for joy. PS - it may take a while for the Barium to totally leave your system. Don't be discouraged. And don't forget to treat yourself!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: I survived the CT scan even though the nasty drink triggered an IBS attack...(m) new
      #2475 - 03/11/03 02:17 PM
Nugget

Thank you for all your support.
I found out that it wasn't actually Barium that I drank, but along that line. It was Cystocon. Still terrible stuff!!!

Thanks again. I'll let you know what I find out. Hopefully nothing.

#2495 - 03/11/03 04:16 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

Congrats!

#2544 - 03/11/03 11:40 PM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

You must be so glad that it's over!!! I know I was. I'm not sure what you drank tho? Was it the stuff that cleans out your system for like 4 hours straight, or was it that chalky stuff you drink right at the doctor's office? I had to drink both! The first test I got done to see what was wrong with my stomach was drinking that chalky stuff! I almost puked every time I took a sip!! It took over an hour to get that thing down!! UGH!!! Not fun. They told me before I got it done that it was no biggie, it was like a shot glass. WHATEVER!!! It was a big cup and then after I got the first cup down, I STILL needed to drink ANOTHER cup!! I wanted to kill myself! It was horrible!!! My 2nd test (they thought I had Chrones), I had the endoscopy (sp?) done. I was put under for that and then I had the Colonoscopy done and I had to drink (probably what you drank) this liquid that was supposed to taste like "Sprite" but it tasted like the ocean. It sucked, b/c after about 2 hours, my "hiney" (hehe) was soooo sore from sitting soo long!!! I was in the bathroom for 4 hours!!! YIKES!!!!

So is a CT a colonoscopy???

#2572 - 03/12/03 08:15 AM
Nugget

They said the stuff I drank was only to "lite up my insides" and not to "clean me out". Believe me...I asked if it was going to clean me out before I even scheduled the test. But then when it did clean me out the way it did...that's when they told me that it affects some people that way! Thanks alot!

A CT is a CAT scan of my chest and abdomen...the stuff I drank and also had to have some stuff in my arm was for contrast to see different organs, etc. I didn't have any trouble yesterday afternoon....but, boy this morning was heck again....been in the bathroom almost all morning.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2831 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review