All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and Whey Protein
      #244648 - 02/07/06 08:58 AM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Hi Everyone:

I am writing once again to find out if Whey Protein Powder can be used in the IBS diet..trying an alternative healing method for lung cancer..which requires a whey protein mix added to my green veggie shakes..have done research on the web, and found a "lactose free" product...anyone with information on this subject, please help..I appreciate your help more than you can imagine...love this group..even if I do not post as often as I should..

Cheers,

Olgis

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and Whey Protein new
      #244653 - 02/07/06 09:06 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Olgis!

Do you have lung cancer? If so, I'm really sorry to hear this.

Does the healing method you mention require that you use whey protein powder or any kind of protein powder?

If you read the most recent newsletter or the IBS Diet FAQs you'll see Heather recommends avoiding dairy in any form. In addition to the lactose, dairy proteins such as whey and casein can trigger attacks. You might also want to do a search on this topic since it has been discussed several times on the IBS Diet and Fitness boards. There have also been recommendations for non-dairy protein powders.

Best wishes!

Edited by Maria!Maria! (02/07/06 09:07 AM)

Re: IBS and Whey Protein new
      #244711 - 02/07/06 11:35 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Hey, long time no hear. I'm glad to see you on the Boards and hope you're doing okay. I don't have much to add to what Maria said - as always, she's given you good info. I hope you can substitute another protein shake for the whey. If not, the whey shake might cause a little less trouble if you can take it after a good SF base. I mostly just wanted to add my best wishes.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review