All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: reguarding green beans.. new
      #244660 - 02/07/06 09:49 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Little Bear, I'm willing to bet it was the corn that caused the problem. Corn has an evil effect on me!

Like Melissa, beyond spinach & dark leafies (cooked/pureed), if I eat the same veggies 2 or 3 days in a row, I feel ill or have an IBS-attack.

I like to blend (puree) my green beans with a half cup or so of spinach. It ensures that nothing will "shoot" out of my but or give me a cramp. YES, I know, I'm a play it safe & food process person in general.

I can only eat the fresh ones. Canned ones make me ill. Ditto for frozen. I don't know why!

Okay, a bizzaro comment--when you puree them, they have an interesting look coming out--you can literally see the pectin formation.

Enough said, lol!

Kate, IBS-D.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: reguarding green beans.. new
      #244891 - 02/07/06 09:33 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Sorry, I haven't read the other posts but I'd say that right now, in the aftermath of some major and unusual hormonal fluctuations, not to mention the stress of the whole situation, anything IBS that seems unusual or new or trigger-y should probably not be taken as law. What I mean by that is that green beans *might* be particularly problematic for you (they're IF) but I'd give them another try when your gut has more of a "fair chance" again, so to speak, without the hormones and the stress and such.

I'm D, but oddly enough I actually find green beans to be one of my safest IF forms. Go figure I guess

Best wishes; hope you start feeling better soon! *hugs*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1095

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review