All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
12 year old son in pain for 1 year
      #244104 - 02/04/06 08:34 AM
saffel

Reged: 02/04/06

I have never used a message board before. I'm not sure how to do this. Anyway, my son has been in pain for about 13 months. We have had every test done in three cities except a colonoscopy. The diagnosis is most likely IBS, but he has been on antispasmodics, anti-depressents, changed his diet, nothing has worked. I even had to take him out of school and I'm homeschooling him. Should we have a colonoscopy? Should we have in person hypnotherapy? He has tried the CD's but he hasn't been able to stick with them, maybe because of his age. I don't feel that his doctors really care about him. Help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 12 year old son in pain for 1 year new
      #244112 - 02/04/06 08:50 AM
PaulineNZ

Reged: 02/02/06

Hi there, I am so sorry your son has been miserable. Please read the postings above this about the suggestions and help the lovely knowledgeable people on this forum are giving me for my daughter. I am learning a lot and one thing I have found is that when the tests keep coming back negative although it is frustrating because you have a child still suffering - I am so, so, so, pleased it is nothing sinister or life threatening. Each test result is another piece to this puzzle. Hang in there you will learn heaps. Blessings, Pauline

Saffell new
      #244324 - 02/05/06 08:25 PM
PaulineNZ

Reged: 02/02/06

Hi there how are things going? Don't give up, I really think there is something in this way of eating. I have to retrain my daughter as she thinks potato chips because they are soluble fibre (potato) are ok, but they are not because of the fat.
If you want to talk about this I'm here for you
Pauline

Re: Yes, you should definately have a colonoscopy done.... new
      #244379 - 02/06/06 08:54 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

it's important to know whats going on inside the intestines!
This is one test most all of us have gotten done at least once. By the way, Welcome ,Hope this helps!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

saffel new
      #244594 - 02/07/06 06:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm not sure what you have and haven't tried. I'd recommend Heather's diet straight down the line, starting with the Break The Cycle diet for a couple of days. Also, if you haven't tried an SFS, I'd do that.

As for the hypno program, you don't say what the problem is with him sticking to it, but I think some people listen to it as they fall asleep. Maybe your son could manage that. You or your son could also try posting on the Hypno Board for help on sticking with it.

You don't say where you're located, but there's a thread on good doctors here. Maybe you can find one in your area who will be more helpful.

I agree with getting the colonscopy. It's no fun, but then you should have ruled out everything but IBS. Once you and your son are absolutely certain of the diagnosis, it might be easier for him to do stuff like stick with they hypno program, follow the diet, etc.

Is your son D or C, also, or is pain his only symptom?

HTH. Welcome to the Boards.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4691 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review