All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
VACATION WITH IBS, FM, ARTHRITIS, ETC. HELP
      #240703 - 01/23/06 06:27 AM
SEWRIGHT

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: ONTARIO, CANADA

This was a BIG decision to make on the travelling part. I purchased the van last summer so to be self contained and eat and go D when I needed and wanted. Also, a porta potty in my regular van for those unexpected moments
I will be travelling for 2 months in a conversion van and heading down to Mexico. I really need some help on foods to and not to eat along the way. I will be eating very light and only cereal or broth soup at the evening meal.
Is instant oatmeal OK? ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated SEWRIGHT ONTARIO, CANADA
I will be taking a lot of my own food with me so as not to upset myself with spicy foods

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: VACATION WITH IBS, FM, ARTHRITIS, ETC. HELP new
      #240752 - 01/23/06 08:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do fine with instant oatmeal but I know others have problems. I would suggest trying a packet for breakfast for a few days NOW to see if you can tolerate it before leaving. Do you have a fridge in your van?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#240791 - 01/23/06 10:52 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I do fine with instant oatmeal, my favorite is cinnamon apple. Have a great time on your trip!

#241299 - 01/24/06 06:03 PM
SEWRIGHT

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: ONTARIO, CANADA

I have a small fridge in the van. Suggestions on what to eat would be appreciated. Can't dewinterize for a few days after we start so just nervous.
Thanks everyone
Ann
I am on paxil and lorazipam for sleeping which will be difficult with a snorer in a confined space. I am also on Glucosamine calcium, fibre with acadolphlus sp?, flaxseed oil, etc. I am going to try calcium/Mag./vit. D combination. Anything else I should be taking or not taking?
Thanks again

Watch out for Magnesium if you are prone to D! new
      #241356 - 01/25/06 04:49 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

A calcium/vitamn D supplement would be much better. There is a post somewhere on these boards about eating out. You could do a search. It lists safe foods at each type of eating place...Mexican, chinese etc. It's very helpful! I always travel with graham crackers, saltines, baked potato chips, luna bars and pretzels. Just so I have safe food to snack on! I can eat P B & J without problems. If I'm going out, Turkey burgers, veggie burgers, pasta cooked w/o oil or butter. Enjoy your trip!
Sandy

Eating while traveling new
      #241380 - 01/25/06 07:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's a post I did recently - maybe this will give you some ideas.

Enjoy your trip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review