All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Confussed
      #240691 - 01/23/06 02:27 AM
ribena

Reged: 01/17/06

After reading the Frequent questions in diet I got confussed. After seeing a dietrition she said to not eat white bread. Therefore I have switched to brown, wholemeal bread as this is high in firbre. After reading the answser on the site it sounds like you are recommending white bread??? Can anyone clarify?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Confussed new
      #240693 - 01/23/06 04:50 AM
Mrs.Glory

Reged: 01/15/06
Loc: Illinois

Welcome Ribena! I know it is so confusing and I have a hard time with all this information and some doesn't make sense. Keep on asking questions and stay with it. Wheat is very hard for alot of people with ibs to digest and it will throw you into spasms, diarrhea or other problems. White bread is a safe bread but you have to go to the SOUBLE FOOD LIST and study it to see what kind of white bread you can have. Wheat is good for a person if you can tolerate it.

--------------------
Mrs.Glory

#240698 - 01/23/06 06:06 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Did you read the Soluble Fiber foods list? When they say white bread is good, they're talking about Sourdough, or French bread. You want little preservatives, so like Wonder bread is not so good. You can still eat wheat, if you are able. You might want to try it w/soluble fiber foods first though. HTH!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#240699 - 01/23/06 06:19 AM
Cindy0508

Reged: 01/23/06
Loc: Metro Atlanta, Georgia

The sourdough bread they are referencing is easier to digest and is therefore recommended. However some people once they are stable may be able to use whole wheat bread which is more difficult to digest because of the insoluble fiber it contains but is healthier overall. I would recommend monitoring how your body feels after eating the wheat bread. Your body will help you decide what you can and cannot tolerate right now!

--------------------
Feel Well, Be Well

#240700 - 01/23/06 06:23 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

For white bread, that does not include Wonder or Blue Ribbon. White bread as in fresh french white bread. I thought the same thing on here and then I found where Heather said "not wonder". I usually go to the local bakery and just buy a french loaf. Good luck and keep on asking questions, we are all here to help.

Brandy

#240704 - 01/23/06 06:29 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I really love sourdough bread! There is only one specific kind that I can eat all the time though. Otherwise my tastebuds get bored. But I heard french bread is good for you too.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

#240721 - 01/23/06 07:24 AM
joecool

Reged: 12/31/05
Loc: Minnesota

I have some wonder bread at home and I looked at the label and somehow there is 0 fiber in the bread.

#240741 - 01/23/06 08:17 AM
ribena

Reged: 01/17/06

thanks everyone for your replies I am going to give sour dough and french bread a go seen as my symptoms are not getting better with wholemeal bread. Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2846 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review