All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NORMAL - NON HERBAL TEA
      #240684 - 01/22/06 10:12 PM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this...I dont drink coffee, never have, though I do drink tea, not the herbal type, the "normal type". , is "normal tea" a trigger for IBS??, it does have caffeine in it, though in smaller quantities... also please could someone clear up the wheat thing for me..Is wheat an ibs trigger or not?? thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NORMAL - NON HERBAL TEA new
      #240690 - 01/23/06 12:40 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hello! And welcome!

Whole wheat, which contains the bran, can be a trigger because it is high in IF. This is why white bread or white flour is promoted in the diet - the bran has been removed, making it easier to digest. Heather covers this is her IBS Diet FAQs: Is Wheat Safe for IBS?

You should probably try drinking caffeine free tea since caffeine is a trigger. However, for people with GERD, the tannins in black and green teas can be a problem and should be avoided.

HTH!

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/23/06 12:41 AM)

#240899 - 01/23/06 03:40 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Normal non-herbal tea is considered a trigger. The caffeine content isn't as bad as coffee, but like coffee, there are potentially-irritating tannins in tea that can cause a problem. If you're trying to stabilize, it's best avoided.

Wheat is NOT a trigger. Period. If you have problems with wheat, you have an entirely different health problem (celiac), not IBS.

#240993 - 01/24/06 06:55 AM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Thankyou Maria, very much appreciated that you responded to my post...could you help me with one thing..I do not understand the "threads"..says 58 Threads or something..how do I access this and what are threads...being an aussie, it is not something I have come across before...thanks Donna - as for giving up the tea...wooohooo..that will be a hard task...though am so desperate to change my diet, and sort out this ibs, am having a few problems following heathers diet...a bit goobleegook to start with, and it takes 8 weeks for the book to arrive from America, so will just plod along until then..:)

This tea tastes pretty "normal" and is still safe new
      #241038 - 01/24/06 08:21 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It tastes most like normal tea of any I have tried. Tea

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 513

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review