All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can we have a multivitamin?
      #240483 - 01/21/06 05:50 PM
Lannie

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Florida

I am so weak. I lost 25 pounds now. Can I take a multivitamin or will it work against me and trigger something?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It depends... new
      #240486 - 01/21/06 06:07 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Make sure to take one that doesn't have triggers like artificial sweeteners in it, like malitol or sorbitol. Some people have problems taking multivitamins, some don't. You may have to try a few different ones to get one you can tolerate. I do fine with a CVS brand multivitamin, but I know some people also have some luck with liquid vitamins.

Do a search and you'll probably find some more information.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

I can only take ones that have minimum amounts of things new
      #240510 - 01/21/06 09:20 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I found that the Walmart one a day brand works okay for me and doesn't cause any problems. Ones with high levels of Vit C really give me gas & bloating. Heather has info about vitamins in her FAQ post at the top of the board too.

Re: Can we have a multivitamin? new
      #240539 - 01/22/06 08:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I do well with One-A-Day Essential - they have vitamins, but no minerals. I take them after a meal, so I have something SF in my stomach to "cushion" them.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Can we have a multivitamin? new
      #240841 - 01/23/06 12:26 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Personally, I'm a big cheerleader of vitamins. I tend to think many of us eat a little too cautiously, for fear of an attack, and don't eat enough of the green leafy veggies and whole grains and other scary insoluble fiber stuff that contains all those vitamins we need. I take One A Day womens (I'm D, and I think calcium supplements help with that a little too)

That said, check out heather's info on vitamins: " target="_blank">http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#vitamin[url=http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#vitamin] vitamins

I'm pretty sure I've seen over the counter prenatal vitamins (you can always tell them your wife is pregnant if anyone asks).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review