All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Everyone.. new
      #240254 - 01/20/06 12:30 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hooray for the negative test!! If your period is late, the test should be fairly accurate, but a blood test isn't a bad idea so you can completely rest your mind. At least when I was in grad school, the docs at the school clinic would give me a blood preg test any time I came in complaining of fatigue - so docs are very happy to do that sort of thing for women in their late teens and 20s.

Retrograde had some great links in her previous postings. It wouldn't hurt to brush up on some of those things. I just learned from a Planned Parenthood animation that fertilization is often *days* after you have sex - who knew? There are also loads of contraceptive options that most people don't know about, and also lots of great strategies how to renegotiate what activities you do or don't want to do with your BF.

--AC, with a 20-year spotless record of negative pregnancy tests

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#240286 - 01/20/06 01:47 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Really?! Just reading that makes me much happier. Finally! I can relax and study for the exams without my mind lingering uncontrollably. I am still going to take a blood test this Wednesday, but now I am just more relieved. Which is good. I actually haven't started studying yet!
Thanks again. I'm not sure if you all realise how important it was for me to actually talk to someone about this. I haven't really mentioned it to anyone else. It was basically eating away at me internally -I knew I had to let someone know something. Thank you, for your excellent moral support and advice, althought, all you really had to do was listen.

--------------------
IBS-C

#240313 - 01/20/06 03:04 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I think they would be accurate at 2 weeks. I had trouble getting pregnant and when I finally did I am pretty sure they had me come in two weeks after ovulation time. Does it say in the instructions?

Here's hoping you "dodged the bullet." And keep your birth control handy ! ! ! !

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Some info.... new
      #240314 - 01/20/06 03:05 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

How soon can you take a home pregnancy test?
There are early prediction home pregnancy tests available that claim to detect pregnancy as early as 6 days past ovulation. But in spite of their claims, most are not sensitive enough to guarantee you an accurate result at this point. By 14 days after fertilization (about the time you would expect your period), most home pregnancy tests may be able to detect the hormone in your and give you a positive result. In fact, you're much more likely to get an accurate result if you wait until a week after your expected period before testing.

How reliable are these pregnancy test results?
At-home pregnancy tests are considered to be very accurate with low occurrences of false positives. If used correctly they are about 98% accurate. The standard home pregnancy test is only useful if used on the day of your expected period or sometime after. For best results you are advised to use first morning since the levels of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) will be concentrated and easier to detect. If you get a negative result but still not getting your period, you should wait a few days until your human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels have doubled and try testing again.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#240563 - 01/22/06 10:30 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hooray for studying - whoda thunk that it would seem like such a fun thing to do? It's tough to keep all that inside, so I'm glad you felt you could confide in us here. Believe me, I've been there and so have a lot of other women. Take care of yourself, and consider any changes you could make so you don't have to suffer through this panic again!

--AC, remembering why she's glad to be in her 30s...

Anytime, sweetie. new
      #240584 - 01/22/06 12:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Focus on your exams. We're always here for you! Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review