All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acidophilus question
      #238232 - 01/13/06 09:04 AM
canteat

Reged: 11/18/05

I have been dealing with IBS-D for about six months now. Been on the diet for about two months and basically deal with 3-6 BMs before noon and then done for the day. I just started the acacia a couple of weeks ago and I try to take a centrum vitamin and caltrate plus everyday. I am curious about the benefits of acidophilis. I know its function, but I am unsure if I should add another supplement. How long are you supposed to take it and how much? I am definitely better off than I was in the beginning, but I sometimes fear that I am losing my food too fast and not getting the nutrients I need. If anyone has information or experience with acidophilis, I would appreciate your insight. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acidophilus question new
      #238287 - 01/13/06 12:29 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I use the Acidophilus whenever I take prescription meds. The one thing that slowed that 3-6 BMs for me was adding 1 1/2 Immodiums every day. I take them after my first BM in the morning. I've been taking that for 8 mo. now and doing fine on it. I had to experiment with the dosage so I could avoid "C"....
The other supplements I take are 2 hyoscymine, 2 T (1T am, 1T pm)Acacia..Good luck

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#238352 - 01/13/06 04:01 PM
Lannie

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Florida

I bought some a week ago and have been taking them dail'y. I feel as if they have helped. I haven't had the sweeling in my stomach and the bad cramps since I have been on them. And they can't hurt.

#238355 - 01/13/06 04:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I have been taking probiotics consistantly for almost a year and it has helped a lot. How much to take depends on what brand you get.

#241544 - 01/25/06 01:46 PM
goose

Reged: 01/25/06

I just started taking a pro-biotic about a week ago, I stopped b/c it made me extremly bloated, at least i think. did you have any side effects in the begining?

#241547 - 01/25/06 02:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

No I had no side effects. You should start on a low dose then work your way up or else you might get bloated. Sometimes though there are people who cannot tollerate probiotics.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2641 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review