Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
This is what confuses me though new
      #238116 - 01/12/06 06:44 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When Sand quotes the book saying.
Quote:

So it seems that brown rice, like oatmeal, is one of those "soluble fibers" that some people can tolerate and some can't.

There is a recipe in the book for oatmeal with blueberries. Wouldn't brown rice with spinach or green beans be equivalent to that? Or not?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This is whaat confuses me though new
      #238170 - 01/13/06 03:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

IT's NOT solule fibre. It is a mixture of soluble fibre (okay it's high in this) and insoluble fibre.

For me, I can have fine oatmeal (so the IF is ground down and therefore minimised) with blueberries just fine. But I can't have coarse oatmeal and blueberries.

The brown rice tolerance is similar (for me I can cope with the IF in the brown rice if it's accompanied by low-IF, high-SF veggies but NOT if it's with high-IF, low-SF ones)....everyone's level of tolerance of the IF is different, that's why I answered maybe.

Re: So, just to get this straight... new
      #238311 - 01/13/06 01:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think for you and some others yes! I have been finding myself on the more IF is good side of the fence lately. If you don't get sick from IF then try more to help your C and you may feel better. I have been eating natural ovens oatmeal bread because I am craving whole grains. I ate a sandwich of it today with lettuce and an orange. Yesterday I had some rice and then a big taco salad and Wed I had tacos without rice because I forgot. On Tuesday I had my acacia with a spinach omelet and oatmeal grainy bread. Try it, it might work and if not you won't be much worse off.
I'm sorry if I offend others, but remember that most foods have both IF and SF and so the difference is the ratio that is ok for an individual person.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4189

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review