All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sodapop
      #23644 - 10/16/03 07:10 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hey does anyone here ever drink root bere or mountain dew? A guy at my school (he has IBS also) drinks both and yet I was told to avoid both of them completely. any ideas?

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sodapop new
      #23647 - 10/16/03 07:57 PM
tiredofibs

Reged: 10/16/03
Loc: NC

Quote:

Hey does anyone here ever drink root bere or mountain dew? A guy at my school (he has IBS also) drinks both and yet I was told to avoid both of them completely. any ideas?

--Yeah, soda is listed as bad for ibs, I think. However, I found that if caffeine free and only occasionally if you can tolerate it, you could drink Sams Choice Root Beer, which is delicious. If you do, I suggest a follow up with bottled water and hour or so after consumption to wash it through the gut. I'm new to this and haven't bought the 'Eating for IBS' book here yet. I'm looking for some relief too.

#23657 - 10/16/03 10:31 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Hi Peaches,
Glad all went well for you re the tests. As for soda pop, I have let it go flat.... and then drank it & it didn't bother me. It's the carbonation that bothers us. Don't think it bothers ya then.....and at least it's still sweet!!! Decaf, or course, which root beer is.

Did you find any info on whether Fruitworks drinks are ok?

Marnie

#23704 - 10/17/03 09:26 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I have a bottle big bottle of sprite that I take the lid off of, let it go flat.... then put it back in the fridge. It is not the carbination that I like, but the taste is what I crave. And it is caffine free.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#23752 - 10/17/03 04:45 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hey everyone thanks for posting~! As for the FruitWorks, well they contain high fructose corn syrup and a vitamin C additive so I don't think it'd be safe unless you only drink half a bottle maybe? less than that? lol Well it's good to know that I could drink root beer again if I wanted to!! I've printed out some recipes from this site and I'm going to cook them now that my mom and sister are out at a party (a pizza and potato chip party, so I can't go ) but hey I get to make chocolate muffins all for me!! hehehehehe!!! lol ok well I hope everyone is feeling well! Thanks for the posts!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#23761 - 10/17/03 10:47 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

ohhhhhhhh.....lucky you......yummy chocolate!!!!! HOW I CRAVE IT!!!!!!!

Marn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 359 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review