All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Probiotics
      #235847 - 01/05/06 06:52 AM
AdventureGirl

Reged: 05/05/05

Hi gang-

There is so much information on probiotics coming out and their affect on IBS (as well as colds, immunity, cholesterol, anemeia). I am trying "Align" made by Metamucil and L. plantarum 299v now out by Dr. Sinatra (of heart health fame). I also have a Solaray and Jarrow blend.

I can't say I feel different trying these (only been a month), but they certainly won't hurt. I am feeling better overall but I cannot be sure what is doing it- hypnosis, positive self-talk, probiotics, glutamine, flax seed oil, more strict gluten-free diet (self-diagnosed celiac, am getting tested now).

I find all the new research on probiotics confusing. It seems this company has this new strain that helps and another has a new strain. Who knows which one really works?

Is there a good authority on all this new research? Maybe Heather has an idea.

Lorraine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Probiotics new
      #235849 - 01/05/06 07:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Where did you find the probiotic with straight plantrum in it? I've been looking for that.

Also, if you are already eating GF, your tests are going to come back normal regardless if you have a problem with it or not. You must be eating gluten for the bloodwork and/or the endoscopy to be accurate. Without gluten in your system, the tests will come back normal and won't give you any answers to whether you have a true problem with gluten.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#235868 - 01/05/06 07:55 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

There is a TON of research! Keep reading. I've been on an enteric older name brand mentioned here for about a year now, and I love it!!! I takes a couple of months to feel full effect, but it makes a difference. My best benefit has been no more sinus congestion!! I use to EAT claritin-D tablets like candy. Since probiotics...I haven't even had a cold!!! I LOVE my probiotics!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#236064 - 01/05/06 04:38 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I think perhaps a combination of the things you're doing now is helping you to feel better. Most people need 2-3 months of using probiotics to feel a difference, but it is working in you now. Probiotics helped me a lot, in addition to helping with IBS, as bamagirl also said, it got rid of my sinus problems. I spent months and months with really bad sinus infections and stuffy nose, and now all gone!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 487

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review