All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not feeling good - Can Any1 see anything wrong?
      #235819 - 01/05/06 03:25 AM
Gold

Reged: 10/19/05
Loc: London

The last week Ive rally stuck to the plan after messing up over Christmas however although energy levels etc are up again I have been gettin quite a bit of bloating and stomach aches again. I really cant cope with this getting bad again so below Ive put down exactly what i have eaten the last few days each day has been pretty much the same so Ive just put a typical today. If any1 can see anything wrong pls tell me so I can cut it out - thanks
BKFAST
Porridge (with soy milk sweetened with apple juice) 11/2 tbs of sulltanas

THROUGHOUT MIDMORNING
Rice cake with marmite
4 Dried Apricots
4 Dried Prunes

LUNCH
Small bowl of Pasta with Passata, Tuna & Sweetcorn
1 rich tea biscuit

MIDAFTERNOON
Rice cake with marmite
4 Dried Apricots
4 Dried Prunes

DINNER
Jacket Potatoe with tuna & sweetcorn
1 rich tea biscuit

THANKS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not feeling good - Can Any1 see anything wrong? new
      #235820 - 01/05/06 03:49 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Gold,
I find that when I leave the plan sometimes it takes a while for my tummy to reset and get back to normal so I keep my food very bland (back to Breaking the Cycle) for a couple of days which usually helps. I don't digest dried fruit well, but we are all different.
Hope that you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
S.

Yep... new
      #235824 - 01/05/06 04:31 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

What you're eating, while safe for someone who's stable, isn't exactly the best for someone who isn't! The dried fruit might be a bit much for you, and especially since it doesn't seem like you're eating SF food before you eat them, which you should definitely be doing (I'm taking "throughout midmorning" to mean that you snack gradually, not eating all of that at the same time... but if you eat it all at once, disregard my SF comment, LOL!).

Also, "rich tea biscuit" sets off alarms in my head. Commercially-prepared baked goods often contain dairy products and/or too much fat, so be careful of those.

I would go back to eating extremely safe foods for a couple days, till your system calms back down, and then going back to eating as you normally do.

Good luck and feel better!

Re: Not feeling good - Can Any1 see anything wrong? new
      #235829 - 01/05/06 05:45 AM
Gold

Reged: 10/19/05
Loc: London

Thanks all MUCH appreciated, I think I will incorporate the dried fruit to make the spicy rice with fruit recipe ive seen on the site so I get the SF correct!
('',)

Re: Yep... new
      #236088 - 01/05/06 06:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Maybe try a little containter/can of peaches istead of the dried fruit and maybe some dry cereal instead of the rice cakes (which might have too much IF). I know you have less sugar SF cereals there than here but hopefully there are some safe ones. Applesauce is good too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1052 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 673

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review