All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stinky flatulence
      #23451 - 10/15/03 08:15 AM
Marlowe

Reged: 10/15/03

I have a problem with stinky flatulence. Luckily my boyfriend is a peach and we laugh about it together. However, it can be TERRIBLY embarrassing at work or social gatherings. I'm new here and I'm hoping some of the teas listed on the site will help. If anyone has any other ideas, puhlease help me.
I have IBS-C, and to top that off, I'm on an anti-depressant Effexor. One of the side effect of Effexor is Flatulence. Ick.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stinky flatulence new
      #23468 - 10/15/03 11:10 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi and welcome to the board!

Personally, I've found changing my diet to follow the Eating for IBS guidelines has helped with the flatulence. Read all through the site to find out about the diet and let us know if you have any questions.

#23480 - 10/15/03 11:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was told Probiotics may help with the stink, I started them about 3 weeks ago but it can take a couple months to really tell. Also you could try beano or other food enzyme products. I have the same problem, and luckily my husband is able to laugh about it too, but it is embarrassing out in public. I find a lot of cardio exercise helps to get it all out! Let me know if you find a miracle!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#23482 - 10/15/03 11:53 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

You are not the only ones with the problem. I am IBS-D and a lot of the time I'm the same way. I also have started probiotics and it's helped. Actually it's changed the problem temporarily to C. Kind of funny actually. They tell me it will normalize in a few months. I've only been taking them three weeks. Will cardio really help with it?

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#23485 - 10/15/03 12:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Cadio exercise doesn't make them any less stinky but I am able to get most of them out while I'm working out so I'm not stinking at work The exercise also helps keep me regular and I just feel better overall. I used to work out a year or so ago than this spring my IBS got so bad it was all I could do to force myself to go to work. My IBS is slowly improving. About 3-4 weeks ago I started forcing myself to work out again I have really improved since than. I do 5 miles on an elipical trainer and I think it helps push out all those nasty gas bubbles because I just fart away while I'm working out than feel a lot better !

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#23487 - 10/15/03 12:28 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I have days like that too-seems to always be at work especially when I'm with a patient. Most people take an apology well (plus they fart too ) The diet helps me alot! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1677 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 994

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review