All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Probiotics question...personal experiences/advice appreciated :)
      #233338 - 12/22/05 11:23 AM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

Hi everyone-
I've gotten a lot of great advice from you guys, so I thought I'd throw another question out there! I just took a large round of antibiotics to clear up a breast infection. Well, I got a yeast infection at the beginning, and now I have D. I think I just have far too little good bacteria! A lot of you have said I should take probiotics. I'm so paranoid about putting anything in my body for fear that I will have an attack or feel worse; I know, I'm overly paranoid. For those of you who have taken probiotics, what kind have you taken? I've heard of pill and liquid forms. They won't make me sick, will they? Shouldn't they help with D, gas, and bloating like Heather's page said? Also, I am taking Acacia which it says is good to use in conjunction. Any suggestions on probiotics would be totally appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
Amber

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Probiotics question...personal experiences/advice appreciated :) new
      #233342 - 12/22/05 11:40 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm overly cautious about Probiotics, too, because from personal experience.....I have taken probiotics that have triggered bloat attacks, diarrhea, pain....stomach ache's....nausea.....all of it. They have been known to cause initial stomach upset, gas and bloating in some people and I am one of those people!!!

I have taken alot of different kinds of probiotics and I have found the best of luck with Primal Defense. I only take 2 a day and I never had any side effects from taking it. I have taken Jarrodophilus, American Health, enzymatic therapy, they all made my stomach upset....I have taken Culturelle, Digestive Advantage (gave me BAD D!!!).

So, Primal Defense it the one I'm sticking with. It never gave me any extra gas, bloating or upset stomach.

Good Luck! It's okay to be skeptical. I am too!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#233358 - 12/22/05 01:02 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Jarrodophilus EPS enteric coated capsules are wonderful! I've been taking one a day for almost a year now, and I LOVE the effect! I started DH on them because he has to use a lot of antibiotics, and it helped him tremendously! You can't go wrong with a good probiotic! And you don't have to go broke to do it! I order from iherb! Go for it!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#233428 - 12/22/05 04:12 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Probiotics...love it, love it, love it.

I replied to a previous post of yours but I'll repeat my favourite here.

Primal Defense by Garden of Life. Worth every penny.

I LOVE my probiotic!! new
      #233728 - 12/25/05 07:01 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It made all the difference in my gas & bloating. I use Natrol Biobeads. They are enteric coated and have a mix of all the good stuff and none of the bad stuff. They don't have to be in the fridge and I get them pretty cheaply at vitacost -- or if I am buying a lot of other stuff too -- iherb.

Just wanted to add... new
      #233729 - 12/25/05 07:03 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It does take up to a month or so to feel the full effects of the probiotic. So hang in there to see if they work for you. I didn't notice anything for about 3 weeks. Then it was more like what I didn't notice -- gas.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review