All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Could this be the fiber?
      #233254 - 12/22/05 07:33 AM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

I think I managed to really mess myself up. I started acacia and acidophilus on Monday. I was so excited because I felt the affects pretty quickly and felt great all day Wednesday. Then last night I got severe gas. Gas so bad it was in my chest and everything. It wasn't normal IBS gas for me. Is there a chance that the fiber and probiotic gave me all of the gas eventhough it didn't the first two days I took it? Should I keep taking it? I feel awful and sore right now but I never actually had a real attack, just A LOT of pain..

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Could this be the fiber? new
      #233263 - 12/22/05 08:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

How much are you taking, have you increased your SFS dose since you started and what probiotic are you on?

Also, is there anything else it could be? Strange food, stress, tiredness, alcohol?

#233266 - 12/22/05 08:18 AM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

The bottle just says acidophilus. I am takingg 2 tablets a day. I started with 1/2 a teaspoon and moved to a whole teaspoon Wednesday. (I don't usually do well with fiber so I have to start very very slowlY). Hormones may be contributing but usually I don't get THAT gassy.. I was doubled over in pain.

--------------------

#233307 - 12/22/05 10:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's actually not a slow start! Try dropping down to 1/4 tsp, staying on that for a week or until your symptoms stabilise a bit (if they don't I'd stop the probiotics for now) and then increasing to 1/2 tsp.

If you're sensitive, then 1/2t to 1t in that time period is a quick rise.

Maybe it would be good to cut out the probtiotics till you're sorted on the SFS. If you start 2 things at once you won't know what's helping and what's causing new problems.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 738 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review