All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
QUESTION FOR HEATHER PLEASE HELP
      #23318 - 10/14/03 07:30 AM
ANGELA BARRETT

Reged: 10/13/03
Loc: INDIANA

I WAS TOLD I HAD IBS TWO YEARS AGO AND I JUST PURCHASED LAST WEEK BOTH OF YOUR BOOKS AND HAVE BEEN READING THEM. THE QUESTION I HAVE FOR YOU IS BACK BEFORE THEY TOLD ME I HAD IBS I WENT IN TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE I WAS FEELING REALLY RUN DOWN AND WORE OUT LIKE I HAD NO ENERGY FOR ANYTHING AND BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO GO NO STOP. WELL WHEN I WENT IN IBS IS WHAT THEY SAID WAS WRONG. I'AM JUST WONDERING IS BEING RUN DOWN AND WORE OUT A SYMPTOM OF IBS AND IF IT IS WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP THIS. I'M SO TIRED OF NOT FEELING LIKE I HAVE YOU ENERGY TO DO ANYTHING. PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY ANSWERS.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: QUESTION FOR HEATHER PLEASE HELP new
      #23329 - 10/14/03 09:01 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I felt like that and it was my thyroid. It can cause you to be really tired!! It effects you whole body!! I diagnosed myself!! I went in and told them to test me for hypothyroid...and sure enough I had it!! It's worth checking into!!!

Good luck!!!

--------------------

Re: QUESTION FOR HEATHER PLEASE HELP new
      #23414 - 10/14/03 06:54 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome to the Board! Yes, it is normal to have feelings of fatigue and being generally "run down". Attacks can drain the energy out of a person really quick. A series of attacks can leave you dehydrated and worn out. I felt like that for the first few months after I was diagnosed. You will feel better. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated - especially if you're having lots of D.

Did they run any tests on you to outrule other health problems? It is crucial to get a proper diagnosis. IBS symptoms can mimic lots of different things. Don't accept a simple "you have IBS". Insist on the tests to rule everything else out. A list of other problems is on the home page of this website.
If you have any more questions, please ask, and do a board search for previous topics and discussions.
I hope you feel better soon,
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review