All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
women with pain- can you help me?
      #232187 - 12/16/05 06:56 PM
catnapt

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: NH

when you have pain that you believe is IBS related, where is it??

i have had several severe- no extreme- episodes of pain, but the pain is very very low down, very close to or even just below the pubic bone.

the pain is so severe, i actually feel as if i will pass out.

it stops as suddenly as it comes on, and i am fairly certain that each time, within approx a half hour or so, this was followed by a BM

so i am thinking it is IBS related, but i cant figure out how, when it is sooooo low down, and in the front.

i was not taking any laxatives at the time, and my diet was a modified IBS diet (was still eating a bit more fat than i should)

i do not have a gall bladder, if that makes any difference

i just dont know what to think about any of this

today, for instance, although i was not constipated, i had three er, lrg BMs- all in one day

i think i need to learn more about this condition. i am not even sure it is what i have, its just what the physicians assistant said he *thought* i had.

i am hoping to have more tests to rule out other things, but do not know how to get my insurance to pay for them.

althea the confused

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: women with pain- can you help me? new
      #232196 - 12/16/05 08:21 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i get pain very low down like that, a sharp, crampy feeling, when i'm c.

hope that helps. is that like what you're having?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#232205 - 12/17/05 02:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You HAVE to get checked out thoroughly. The first test should actually be an apt with your GP to discuss the possibility of gyno problems and then a gyno exam.

Then you need to have blood tests, stool tests and a colonoscopy.

It could well be IBS but don't assume that means it couldn't be anything else (even as well).

Re: Yep, that's me, today!! new
      #232219 - 12/17/05 06:34 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I took so much imodium for my D, yesterday, that today I'm C and am having those EXCRUCIATING CRAMPS really down low!! I cannot tell you that it IS IBS in your case because I'm not a doctor but I have IBS and that's what MY cramps feel like! It hurts sooo bad right now.....I wish it would just hurry up and come out, already! Sometime today, it will come out!

Good Luck and get to the doctor! It could be something more serious than IBS.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#232220 - 12/17/05 06:51 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

that is what my IBS pain feels like when I am having an attack. It is very intense and unbearable. The pain come with each bm and then when I am empty or onto the D then it starts to slow down. I have found that taking a couple simethicone caps right when I feel it coming on has helped a tiny bit. I need painkillers for these moments but have not asked my doctor for them since I don't have them very often. I feel so sorry that you have to experience this as I know horrible the pain is. But since I have started this diet I have had alot less pain. Good luck!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

thanks everyone! new
      #232221 - 12/17/05 06:56 AM
catnapt

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: NH

well at least it seems it could be IBS, which i have a feeling may be the least "serious" cause but i do have an appt for a complete physical next month, and since i will soon be 50 i am gonna ask about the colonoscopy (whoohoo, cant believe i am gonna request that!! what fun!!) but i really just need to know at this point.
i think the not knowing for sure is adding too much stress and just making things worse.

thank you all for your input and i am so sorry that others have this pain too, it sux big time!!!

althea

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2303 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review