All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My experience with being pregnant with IBS
      #231178 - 12/13/05 07:48 AM
lmaxy

Reged: 12/13/05

After reading the latest newsletter, I decided to post my experience with being pregnant with IBS. Up until I was pregnant, I had IBS with diarrhea with large doses of dairy, any caffeine and certain foods like tomato sauce. When I first found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks along, I felt better than ever but two weeks later I discovered that being pregnant with IBS is not fun. Until I was 14 weeks along, I couldn't have ANY dairy, no tomato sauce and nothing acidic of any kind! I was miserable. THEN, I hit 14 weeks along and didn't have any symptoms at all. I was in heaven! Unfortunately, I lost my baby at 20 weeks so I don't have any information on how the rest of my pregnancy would have gone but I do know that in the last month since I gave birth, my IBS has NOT come back. I am able to eat and drink dairy and caffeine without the symptoms. Just thought I would pass along my experience with this since the subject did come up in the last newsletter.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks for the feedback! new
      #231190 - 12/13/05 08:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Good luck for the future....alot of mums find their symptoms come back after 6 to 18 months! But hopefully that won't be you!

Re: My experience with being pregnant with IBS new
      #231406 - 12/13/05 07:12 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Thanks for the encouraging post. I am now trying to get pregnant with our second child and already have a 2 year old. I developed IBS after having my first and have been pretty much stable since about 9 months after giving birth. It is nice to hear successful stories. I am truly sorry about your loss of a child.

I'm 25 weeks and a C.... new
      #231437 - 12/14/05 05:52 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

IBS and pregnancy has really stunk for me. The indigestion is worse and the C is worse too. I take miralax and have doubled my dosage per my doctor, but still don't always go. I'll go really good for days, and then not go at all for days. The baby is putting pressure on everything, so it's been difficult, but not as bad as I intended. I'm curious to see how I am once the baby is born.

Jessica

Jessica...good to hear from you, sweetie!-nt new
      #231458 - 12/14/05 06:55 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: My experience with being pregnant with IBS new
      #231585 - 12/14/05 01:40 PM
nattysmom

Reged: 11/17/05
Loc: New Jersey

My IBS-D showed up after my first c-section and I have had it ever since. However, during my second pregnancy, I was so normal. It was lovely. As soon as my second came out, I am again IBS-D.

I wish I was pregnant all the time!!

--------------------
IBS-D and hating it

Re: Jessica...good to hear from you, sweetie!-nt new
      #231933 - 12/15/05 06:33 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I know, I'm not on here much...too busy being prego!! It's hard too for me to relate to most on here being that my C is now combined with pregnancy so it's hard to compare. How are you doing? Did you ever try the miralax again or increase your protein?

Jessica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1051

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review