All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Tea!!!!!!! new
      #230643 - 12/10/05 04:41 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

My daily cuppa is Good Earth's Good Night tea.
I also really like Kalahari's Earl Grey Red Tea and am madly in love with Yogi Tea's Redbush Chai.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tetley Chamomille!! new
      #230651 - 12/10/05 05:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

It gives me less of a headache than other chamomille brands, plus it feels great in my tummy.

~nelly~

Re: Thanks, Nelly! new
      #230699 - 12/11/05 07:38 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I will have to try to see if I can find this. I get headache's too, from celestial seasonings chamomile. I drink it anyway and just take stuff for my headache. Why do you think we get headaches from it?? Is it an allergy?? I can't live without the chamomile tea, so I just deal with the headaches.....

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Yep! Hay fever allergy! new
      #230703 - 12/11/05 08:35 AM
Nelly

Yep, if you have hay fever allergies you'll get one to chamomille. I do the same thing as you! I take half a benedryl to counteract the chamomille headache. The organic ones hurt my head more than some of the others. The Tetley one is hard to find, so when I buy it I buy a lot of it so I don't run out. It hardly gives me any headache at all!!

I totally can't afford to cut more drinks out of my diet since I can't do dairy, fruit juices or caffiene! I love my chamomille!!

~nelly~

Re: Yep! Hay fever allergy! new
      #230707 - 12/11/05 08:59 AM
anlikerm

Doesn't benadryl hurt your tummy?? OOOH, it does mine. I tried to take it a couple of weeks ago and it triggered a pretty mean D attack. I guess because it upset my stomach.......I cannot give it up, either! I know exactly how you feel. I looked for the Tetley chamomile on ebay and it's not there so now I KNOW it's going to be hard to find. If I can't find "IT" on ebay, it's virtually impossible to find!! LOL!!
I will search the net and see if I can find it online, anywhere. I don't think my grocery stores have it.

Thanks for letting me in on that "secret"!!! I love chamomile tea!! I would love it even more if it didn't give me such a killer headache!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

benedryl new
      #230713 - 12/11/05 09:10 AM
Nelly

Benedryl doesn't hurt me at all. Stuff like sudafed and tylenol sinus (which both contain the ingredient in benedryl) mess my stomach up, tho. I totally couldn't live without my enedryl... I've been relying on it a bunch now that the weather is cold and my asthma is flaring up. It really clears up my lungs big time!

~nelly~

Re: Well....... new
      #230718 - 12/11/05 09:18 AM
anlikerm

That's good that you can tolerate it, then. I use Flonase for allergies. It's like $65.00 a month, but it doesn't mess up my stomach cause' it goes up my nose! LOL!! It really doesn't bother me like I thought it would. It smells like roses, so it's tolerable.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Sorry! That TOTALLY ended up coming out wrong!! LOL!! new
      #230720 - 12/11/05 09:24 AM
anlikerm

I was starting that Well....out to be a different thought! I was GOING to say "Well, maybe I should give it another shot since I only tried the Tylenol PM (it has the same ingredient as Benadryl)and it's a heck of alot cheaper than my Flonase. Do you think I might be able to tolerate it, even if I can't take the Tylenol sinus and Tylenol PM?? That's soo interesting!!

Sorry, I looked at the title and said OOOOPS!!! I didn't finish that thought. I went on to something else....

*HUGS*!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Thanks, Nelly! new
      #230752 - 12/11/05 11:18 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you tried Rooibos tea? It's very good and it might not give you the headache.

Re: Thanks, Nelly!
      #230757 - 12/11/05 11:45 AM
anlikerm

No, I have never heard of that one.

Thanks! I will check it out!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review