All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
overeating........
      #22927 - 10/09/03 09:53 AM
flower

Reged: 10/09/03

does anyone else have this??????

i got, what i belive is ibs about 2 years ago and because of the constant 'cant eat this', 'cant eat that', 'candida diet', 'wheat free diet', no choc, no sugar..etc etc..

ive become obsessed with food and i have developed a sort of binge eating disorder. i just cant help, overeating cos i cant eat what i want and then when i do eat what i want, i have too much and trigger sever attacks. no-one i know has this problem. i feel very isolated. ive also been told i may have candida AND a wheat intolerance. thats all too much and u know, i love food!
can anyone offer any advice or piont me in some direction. anythings better than where im at rite now!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: overeating........ new
      #22929 - 10/09/03 10:17 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

wheat intolerance and candida is no fun while i was doing research waiting for test results, I found out about wheat/gluten free diets through breaking the vicious cylce book,try the web and type in wheatfree/gluten free diets.
There are so many things you can eat and still be safe with ibs diet also. tried probiotics for the candida? also maybe find a Dr. in your area that is into natural healing.
talk soon hope you feel better
sherri

#22942 - 10/09/03 12:11 PM
flower

thankyou so much for that. i do have books on wheat free and candida diets.
would u belive im a 2nd year student nutritionist!

thanks tho xxxx

#22947 - 10/09/03 12:19 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

what a great field to study. I also started to get phobic? of food when i was having uncontrolled D. I just try to remember this simple phrase: Food is medicine. The right choices I will feel better.My body is worth it.
sherr1

#22948 - 10/09/03 12:36 PM
Ash

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Bellevue, WA

I went through a "rebellion" phase too for a while. I was so depressed about feeling horrible and having all these diet restrictions that sometimes I just said "to heck with it" and made myself even sicker on tons of trigger foods.

But sherr1 is right -- food can make you feel good or bad, it's up to you. And the other thing is, once you start getting more stable, you *can* have small amounts of some "forbidden" foods (for me, that's chocolate chip cookies ). And then you can really enjoy them without bingeing on them and making yourself sick.

#23092 - 10/10/03 06:31 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I agree with Ash. Once you are feeling better, you will probably be able to indulge once in a while and get away with it. Some will have small amounts of something often like a BIT of chocolate after a meal.
With this diet, we try to think substitution not deprivation. Really - you'll be surprised what you can get used to.
As for the can't eat anything - been there. As for the binging - don't beat yourself up about it if it happens from time to time. If it's constant, see a Doc.
I will often crave something and eat it and end up paying for it. Who cares? We're human ...

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#23105 - 10/11/03 07:46 AM
fishnets

Loc: MA

I know how you feel, I also binge and have issues with food (which is actually how I got IBS). I think also there may be an emotional component. Do you find yourself binging when you're upset? Bored? Angry? Try to figure out what's going on in your day/life when you binge. Also maybe you're not eating enough calories throughout the day.

--------------------
IBS-C

#23106 - 10/11/03 08:26 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I too know how you feel! I am waiting to see a GI doc to get tested, but I have all the symptoms. Yesterday I had a poor me day-then i do something nice for myself-like go outside, find a pet to love or even a nap! I have found too binging on triggers makes me hurt and more depressed! hang in there!!!! Get yourself some treats within the diet-I love soy icecream and eat a little and feel not so deprived!!!! Keep talking to us! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7703 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review