All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Thanks, guys! new
      #228901 - 12/02/05 05:50 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Omg, I tried to talk to BF about my digestion lately, and he gave me that LOOK that said There's a line there!... You know the look!!

I had no one to share my good news with. Booooo! You guys ROCK!

~nelly~ wishing everyone a nice torpedo for the holidays...!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, Nelly! Very few people I know "get it." new
      #228926 - 12/02/05 07:58 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Honestly, my mother just doesn't understand what it's like--but hey, she's been hearing EXPLOSIONS and hurricanes ever since I was a teenager. My grandmother gets it, though, I think. And my dad. Hey--I survived Thanksgiving dinner with only one LOUD trip (the bathroom is next to the dining room and has sonorous echoing acoustics). I explained it to her in gardening terms using a pipe analogy.

Now...pretty soon, I'll be a prize pooper.

Kate.

Evil echoing acoustics! new
      #228958 - 12/03/05 08:11 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I hate those bathrooms!! I've lined my bathroom countertops with nice folded towels, and have a plush rug on every horizontal surface just for that reason! Gotta muffle the noise!!

LOL! Hurricane! I would say my gut sounds EXACTLY like a toilet flushing... The sound will start on the left side(pushing down the lever sound), then move to the right(sucking, water rushing sound), back to the left(swirling, swirling), then WOOSH (WHOOSH!)! down the drain!

I tried to explain it to my doc this way but he just looked at me blankly. I'll try the hurricane metaphor!! I think he understands my other "painful, explosive gas" explanation. Never have tot do sound efects on that one!

~nelly~

Re: Evil echoing acoustics! new
      #228975 - 12/03/05 08:49 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Oh I hate that WOOSH! effect/sound. I get that alot. Sometimes, it's "hail."

I'm elated, though, that my stool had some degree of form, today. (But, as I had D-attacks, yesterday, I did eat more SF, and potatoes are really good "binders" or absorbers for me. Rice works wonders too. Immodium plus SF foods to thicken and absorb).

Yes, I agree with you re: M.D.'s--the "painful explosive D explanation/description works best, expecially when you include the part about fear of flatulence." They get really grossed out when you start comparing it to raw cake mix versus raw cookie dough, etc. Natural disaster metaphors, are less grotestesque.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 677 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7111

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review