All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
has anyone tried "Silicol Gel"
      #227383 - 11/26/05 09:16 AM
niclouise

Reged: 11/22/05
Loc: north wales, uk

hey there ive been doing my usual ibs-d info surfing and came across a product called silicol gel which is colloidal silicic acid and is apparently good for digestive health, lots of Germans swear by it. Anyone tried it or heard good(or bad) things about it? thx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yup! new
      #227387 - 11/26/05 09:27 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Worked like a charm for hair regrowth.

Actually, due to stress/autoimmune disorder, I might pick up some more as suddenly a chunk of hair is missing--generally I eat tons of silica.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: What the heck is that??!! new
      #227390 - 11/26/05 09:31 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I've never heard of this before. What is it??? Is it safe for IBS-D???
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: I just looked it up on the net...... new
      #227393 - 11/26/05 09:43 AM
anlikerm

I guess we don't have this in the states??? It would cost me a fortune to order it from overseas. Does anyone know where to buy this in the states???

Never heard of it before but it looks interesting.

Does this work for you, Kate?? I'm sure it's not miracle cure or anything, but hey.....anything that would help......
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: has anyone tried "Silicol Gel" new
      #227400 - 11/26/05 10:20 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Quote:

hey there ive been doing my usual ibs-d info surfing and came across a product called silicol gel which is colloidal silicic acid and is apparently good for digestive health, lots of Germans swear by it. Anyone tried it or heard good(or bad) things about it? thx

Silicol Gel is Silicea Gel and you can get it all over North America. Silicol is just a European brand. The common brand here in North America is by Naka. Here is a link
http://northamhealth.com/Silicea-Gel.htm

http://www.nakaherbs.com/products/silicea_gel_capsules.html

#227403 - 11/26/05 10:28 AM
Gracie

I replied above to the original poster. You can get it in any health store. It is Silicea Gel and the most popular brand is by Naka. Basically what is does is helps remove toxins from your body. It helps your skin, hair, digestive track, and nails. You might need to use it for 2 or 3 months before you can really see some results. It's not a miracle cure, but it does help.

Re: Cool! Thank you Gracie! ~nt~ new
      #227404 - 11/26/05 10:28 AM
anlikerm

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Cool! Thank you Gracie! ~nt~ new
      #227405 - 11/26/05 10:29 AM
Gracie

You're welcome.

#227444 - 11/26/05 12:53 PM
Wind

It did wonders for my hair/nails. I stopped because I was eating tons of silica. I might pick it up again.

Silica in various forms does tend to appear in stomach rememdies.

You should be able to find it at a HFS. Also, horsetail caps. are another high source of the trace mineral silicon.

Kate, IBS-D.

Edited by Wind (11/26/05 12:54 PM)

#227478 - 11/26/05 03:33 PM
anlikerm

Forgive me for being so stupid, here, for just a second....what do you mean by "eating silica?" Is it in foods that you eat, like oats and barley???

Sorry, I feel like an idiot......

I went to the health food store and picked up some of it, if nothing else for my hair. I don't want to lose my hair! You got me all freaked out about that, now....but, now I'm covered!! hehehehehe..... I took the 6 drops in 1/4 cup of water like it said on the directions. It tasted horrible, but it didn't trigger my reflux!!! Can't tell that it helped my stomach any, but it stayed down!! Whoo Hoo!!!

I ate my first whole Luna bar, at 6:00, too!!! I started with just 3 bites, waited a little bit, it didn't bother me .......took 3 more bites......took 3 more bites.....next thing you know it's GONE!!! Lemon Zest. MMMMM.....it was YUMMY!!! I will let you know if it stays down. I shouldn't have eaten the whole thing. It's got 4 grams of fiber in it and I had already eaten a bowl of cream of wheat and a mini bagel RIGHT BEFORE eating the Luna bar. I'm STUFFED TO THE BRIM!!!!!!!!! My tummy isn't used to all this food (particularly fiber) at one time.

I will let you know how it turns out!! You should be safe with 3 bites. I did not even feel it at 3 bites. But, I'm starting to feel it after eating the whole thing!!!

We'll see!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: foods/slicia--for Michelle new
      #227491 - 11/26/05 04:23 PM
Wind

Oats have TONS of silica! Most grains actually have a substantial amount of silica. So does horsetail. Green veggies, especially spinach and watercress have lots of silica. Do a search and you'll find more info. on this. Generally the skins contain the most silica--i.e. the IF.

Kate.

#227505 - 11/26/05 05:25 PM
anlikerm

I WAS eating oatmeal every single morning, but it started giving me horrible gas!! So, I switched to cream of wheat and it's alot easier on my system. I guess it's a good thing that I got the supplement, then, huh?? If I am not eating my oatmeal anymore!! I was wondering why my nails and hair were growing out very nicely......my hair is halfway down my back, again, already. Dang it!!! I want to start eating oatmeal again, now!! Shoot!!!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#227527 - 11/26/05 07:19 PM
Wind

Not necessarily--you say you've got great hair/nails.

I'm not an expert/professional--so I won't make recommendations. You sound like you already take tons of supplements.

P.S. The gas, etc., associated with eating oats daily caused you tons of distress, therefore why bring all that back into your life? That's the last thing you need!
Kate.

#227529 - 11/26/05 07:31 PM
anlikerm

That's true, I guess......oatmeal did really well for me for over a year and then my body just started rejecting it. So, I better stick with the cream of wheat or I will be in a world of hurtin'!!

Tummy's starting to churn! Time to turn in!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review