All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
milk alternatives
      #225771 - 11/17/05 02:39 PM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

I live in a small town. I live 45 minutes from a big one. My question is I have looked for rice milk and the other one (I forgot the name), but all I find is soy. Is there another section in the store it might be? I just don't think it would be cost worthy to drive that far 1 a week (or 1 every 2 wks) for milk. We don't that often to begin with. I've been going with out but I am going to try heathers cook book so....
Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: milk alternatives new
      #225773 - 11/17/05 02:43 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've seen it in different sections in different stores. And even in more than one place in some stores! Try asking at customer service if they carry it, or you may even be able to request that they do if they don't.

Also, if you get the rice/soy milk in the aseptic containers (the boxed kind that isn't refrigerated), they usually don't expire for a LONG time, so if you wanted to make the trek, you could probably stock up and it will last you quite awhile.

#225775 - 11/17/05 02:46 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Try looking in the cereal isle, they will be in boxes like this

Or look near the tea and hot choc

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#225779 - 11/17/05 02:56 PM
nattysmom

Reged: 11/17/05
Loc: New Jersey

I buy it and I had a hard time trying to find it in the begining until I ask. The same change store chain has it in different places!! Try the cereal isle..the baking isle or the juice isle.

--------------------
IBS-D and hating it

#225786 - 11/17/05 03:06 PM
keke

So it doesn't have to be refrigerated? No wonder I couldn't find it. I never would have thought to look there. Thank you so much!

#225794 - 11/17/05 03:28 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You think that's bad, wait till you look for the cheese alternatives. They're usually with the produce!

#225819 - 11/17/05 04:09 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Yup. And at the one grocery store (20 miles away from home) that actually carries any variety of goods, the soy cheeses and tofus and some veggie burgers are in the produce section. On the opposite side of the store is the "health" food section with the natural chips, vegan products, soy milks, organic milk, free range eggs, soy yogurt, and so on.

I find it odd.

At the Super Walmart, the organic and soy products (what few there are) are in the produce section, though there is one freezer door section devoted to morning star farms products, boca burgers, and the like.

At the other Kroger, the stuff is spread out all over the place. Makes me want to beat my head against an end cap.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

#226172 - 11/19/05 06:15 AM
keke

I finally found it! It wasn't anywhere you suggested although who knows why!! It was with a small section on the juice aisle that had protein bars and it was waaaaayyyyyyy at the bottom. I stepped into that one because someone needed to get by. If I hadn't...I wouldn't have found it.

Now today I'll see if I like it.

#226190 - 11/19/05 08:27 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yeah, some places stock soy/rice milk in the weirdest places. I'm glad you found it, though. I hope you like it. What brand is it?

#226334 - 11/20/05 11:33 AM
keke

I think it's called rice dream. It's a little sweet, but I think I can get used to it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1464 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review