All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a little bit of venting and fennel tea Q:
      #225583 - 11/16/05 11:34 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

just wanted to share my doctor-experience today. it went well--i got a # for a GI doc in my mom's area [i went there for IBS testing 3 years ago] but this doctor is new. im just gonna meet with him to discuss a re-evaluation of my IBS and to check up on its current status. im also having bloodwork done on tuesday to check if i have any difficiencies[sp?? horrible i know!] and i got some new inhalers for my asthma. but i was bummed about something: [dont laugh cause its embarrassing] but.. i had to have myself weighed and the last time i was weighed it was on a bad day which was the same case for today. except last bad-day-weighing i was 4 pounds lighter when i stepped on the scale and the nurse said the # aloud i kept thinking they were thinking "gawd is she fat!" but i was only bloated! i actually weight 2 pounds lighter then my reading today but it still sucks. its just not fair and its never gonna be i also just ordered all this cool stuff from Alloy online [ie-these really hot jeans that are *the perfect pair* ive been searching for and the size i ordered was skin-tight! i thought i was being smart and ordering a bigger size but now i have to send them back for an even bigger size. *harrumph* i just got my new acacia and my new fennel tea but dont know if i like it. Q: for the fennel tea, what should i expect when i drink it? alot of gas ready to pass or cramps from gas loosening in my tummy. im trying to decide if its a tea i want to take with me when i go out or if it will just cause worse gas problems ie: gas in places i cant/am too afraid to pass in/around. another question i have: when trying to drink all of the recommended water for the day to activate SFS, how do you manage to shop without needing to find a potty to pee in?? i shopped today with my bestfriend and just about died 3 times of needing to go to the bathroom due to too much liquid consumption [soy hot cocoa and water] just curious if that happens to anyone else. thanks guys for reading! sometimes its just "one of those days"

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a little bit of venting and fennel tea Q: new
      #225613 - 11/17/05 06:44 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Hi! I drink a lot of water, and go to the bathroom about 20 times a day. It IS a pain when I'm out shopping, but I have a few friends that are the same way so we just deal with it. In fact I make it a habit to carry a water bottle with me when I shop cause I get so dry and thirsty, and can get a headache if I'm not careful. So if you have to go to the bathroom a lot, it's ok, because in the long run you need the water.
As for fennel tea, I'm not expert, but I think it's the kind of thing that will help you if you make it a part of your life/diet. I try to drink at least one cup of day. If I was particularly gassy, I wouldn't expect to drink a cup and then have it go away. But if I drink it a few days in a row, I should see results. Does that make any sense? It might affect other people differently.

And speaking of inhalers, what do you use? I just got a new general practicioner (mine had left his practice) and one thing I got was a refill on my albuterol. But he suggested that if I use it frequently, I should get someone else since albuterol is more for attacks than for controlling it. No doctor had ever suggested that before, and I've gotten it refilled SO many times. So I'm thinking of taking him up on that. How often do you use yours?

--------------------

hey ginger new
      #225894 - 11/17/05 08:45 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

yah i had to get my albuteral refilled too. more recently ive been using it more then i should be, but i keep having such a bad time breathing! i use the albuteral for a rescue inhaler and was using flovent for preventing attacks but it didnt seem to help so my dr. prescribed advair for me to try. its a diskis type, one you inhaler powder into your mouth. it has the same stuff in it that flovent has but one more ingredient that also helps with controlling breathing. you should definately try to get a 2nd one to prevent attacks and then keep the albuteral for a rescue-inhaler. my whole back has been hurting b/c i havent been able to get a deep enough breath. my lungs feel like they cant expand that much or something. even my doc said my lungs sounded tight when he listened to them. hope that helps!

with the tea, i was afraid if i drank it, i would have a lot of gas and nowhere to pass but perhaps ill try having a cup a day for a few days and see what happens. im just so sick of looking pregnant! im also not too fond of the taste despite how yummy and candy-like it smells hehe

i also keep a water with me at all times. usually 1 L size to ensure i wont run out. i too get really thirsty, especially if im talking alot! haha--good to know im not alone in my boat!! thanks for the reply take care and good luck with the inhalers. you should do that sooner before the really cold months kick in. bye!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: a little bit of venting and fennel tea Q: new
      #226025 - 11/18/05 11:27 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi
I always drink fennel tea when I feel the rumbling start in my stomach. It doesn't really let the gas go but it does make my tummy feel better. I'm going to start drinking it every day in the morning to see if it will prevent the gas from even starting. I know what you mean about bloat. I can start off the morning with a relatively flat stomach but as soon as I put food in my mouth, out it comes. I can't stand that!! One other thing I found for bloating is to not eat too much at one sitting. That also helps me.
Hang in there girl, better days are yet to come
Meryl

Is that a promise?-nt new
      #226028 - 11/18/05 11:28 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Re: Is that a promise?-nt new
      #226088 - 11/18/05 02:10 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I have to hope so or I'll go crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review