All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
That's true! new
      #225420 - 11/16/05 12:12 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I know what you mean about the cost of supplements. I have gone broke on them, most of which don't work.

I take Jarrow too, but it hasn't helped much. what exactly does it help you with? The gas? The BMs?

And what is this multi you take?

I may try this if I get more desperate, since I am not stable like you! What website did you find it on? I'm not really sure what this is except that it seems to help with energy. Not sure how it ties in with IBS.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: That's true! new
      #225429 - 11/16/05 12:27 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Oddly enough, at first I thought the Jarrow didn't really help my IBS but was only helping my sinuses. However, I ran out between boxes recently, and I noticed that my BM's were not as easy. More strained and almost like I was getting more C again. Might have been my imagination, but no, I think it helps me stay regular without any straining. (sorry for TMI! ) I still enjoy the benefit of wonderfully clear sinuses since starting the Jarrow, and I LOVE that!! I'm going to stay with my Jarrow.

As to the multi. I was hesitant to try one, and have waited almost 2 years to add one. However, I am into my second week of using Now brand True Balance. It has high percentages of everything, so I'm only taking one a day, but I've noticed more energy and stamina, and my stomach doesn't seem to mind it. I take it in the morning with breakfast. I'm toying with the idea of adding a second capsule, but plan to hold off for now. I want to give my body time to adjust and see how I feel. I am also seeing improvement in some skin issues I deal with, and I'm hoping it will give an immune boost as we go into the winter months.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Good for C too? Someone with C let me know if they work! -nt new
      #225443 - 11/16/05 12:51 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Re: Gonna try it? new
      #225446 - 11/16/05 01:07 PM
dcg

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Perth, Scotland

Thanks for reading the post Kim. I fully agree that you should stick with what works for you and that taking anything unnecessarily is not wise. I take only the Intestaid supplement and nothing else. I had all but given up and reconciled myself to living (uncomfortably)like this for the rest of my life until I tried the supplement. I have never dabbled with any other products, medications or supplements in the past and took the approach of 'just grin and bear it' as I fully believed that there was nothing could be done. I honestly feel now as I did before I was diagnosed with IBS and my life has changed beyond belief - so much so that I now consider that I have the IBS almost beaten. I have never believed in miracle cures and have not been an IBS fanatic in the past - I just suffered in misery and now I don't. I have no agenda other than sharing this with fellow sufferers in the hope that even one person can find the relief which I have now have. Best wishes from Scotland.

Thanks! new
      #225452 - 11/16/05 01:20 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I am happy you are feeling so much better! I too feel like a different person after learning from this site and listening to what my body needed. I still have some slight discomfort, but I never dreamed I'd reach stability again without meds. Right now, I've found my stable, but it is because of Heather and the folks on this board. So, when someone finds a successful product, I resarch and bookmark for future reference. Things change.

I really am happy you feel so much better!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

dcg-please help! new
      #226856 - 11/23/05 10:14 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I tried to order this and it won't work!

The website keeps rejecting my paypal payment. Is this product still being made?

Has anyone in US been able to order this product? If so, how?

Re: Me too! new
      #226889 - 11/23/05 12:05 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I tried to pay for mine last week and it won't accept my payment, either. What's the deal???
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: dcg-please help! new
      #229278 - 12/04/05 10:58 PM
dcg

Hi Cindy,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply but I have been away on business. The problems you are experiencing are not to do with the product but more to do with the website or the vendor you are using. I have just bought some more. I am not sure if this will be any use to you as I buy mine in the UK and don't know if they ship to US but here is the site I use. You could give it a try:

http://www.academyhealth.co.uk/

(Update: I have just had a look at the site and can see that they DO ship to the US)

Thanks for your interest. This product has seriously changed my life. I only hope it does the same for you.

Best wishes from Scotland

Re: Me too! new
      #229279 - 12/04/05 10:59 PM
dcg

Hi Michelle,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply but I have been away on business. The problems you are experiencing are not to do with the product but more to do with the website or the vendor you are using. I have just bought some more. I am not sure if this will be any use to you as I buy mine in the UK and don't know if they ship to US but here is the site I use. You could give it a try:

http://www.academyhealth.co.uk/

(Update: I have just had a look at the site and can see that they DO ship to the US)

Thanks for your interest. This product has seriously changed my life. I only hope it does the same for you.

Best wishes from Scotland

Re: Weirdly enough, I'm interested.... new
      #229354 - 12/05/05 09:48 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

intestaidusa.com

Might have more info there. Anyone find the research done in the UK?

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 788 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6763

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review