All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help
      #224034 - 11/10/05 05:58 AM
Gold

Reged: 10/19/05
Loc: London

Ok I have just taken another capsule since posting my last thread and I think it must definately be dissolving on the way down as the mintiness has almost taken away the taste of my rissotto lunch!Im dont know what to do Im sure I havnt got GERD (as Linz) suggested I dont know? Does any1 else get this and is so do u keep taking the capsules and is it worth it as do they even work when this happens?? Help - Ive just bought 2 bottles worth!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help (reply) new
      #224037 - 11/10/05 06:30 AM
Gold

They are Heather's Tummy Tamers™ Peppermint Oil Caps!!?? I dont understand why it tates so strong - now it literally feels right now like i have squirted a whole tube of tooothpaste down my throat and no matter how much a drink or at over the top of it it wont go away.

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help (reply) new
      #224049 - 11/10/05 07:42 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I know exactly how you feel! They ALWAYS dissolve in my stomach, too. Heather's do, anyway, because the coating isn't strong enough for me. I bought two bottles, too, and they are just sitting in the refrigerator. They will stay there until I throw them away because I cannot chance that again. I just found out on Tuesday that I have a hiatal hernia and that 1 peppermint cap dissolving in my tummy made it alot worse. So, get the ones by enzymatic therapy (in the blue and white bottle). They work for me. The coating is much stronger and they never dissolve in my stomach. I wish Heather would make the coating on her peppermint caps strong like the enzymatic therapy. It's got like a rock-hard shell.
Hope this helps!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help (reply bk to Michelle) new
      #224065 - 11/10/05 08:12 AM
Gold

Thanks michelle for replying Im glad theres someone who knows what Im talking about! Its been about three hours now and Im still sitting here at work with the horrible cold feeling in my chest and getting to my stomach, do you think I should not take them then as the last thing I want is to cause anymore problems inside!!Are the ones you take Peppermint Plus, 60 softgels $10.37 or Source Naturals Melatonin Peppermint, 60 tabs $5.95 (just checked out their website). And also did you know u were at risk after taking the original peppermint capsules (did u feel ill or anything) and are thre any other symptoms that I would have experienced in general to know that I cant handle these or could it be a one off! (I guess Im hoping it could be because Ive SO wasted about £20 othrwise!!)
Thanks

#224073 - 11/10/05 08:37 AM
anlikerm

The Peppermint Plus. I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to handle Heather's peppermint caps. I just took one and started feeling really yucky. Heartburn, burping peppermint like crazy.....it was a horrible experience. I won't ever take those again. And the Peppermint Plus, watch out, too. Don't take too many or your intestines will start to burn. I found that out the hard way, too. I only took one a day. Right now, I'm not taking any kind of peppermint because my stomach is so messed up. But, when I get it to calm down, again, I will start taking 1 peppermint plus again. They really help with intestinal spasms and nausea and stuff like that. But, when they digested my stomach, they CAUSED nausea.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#224076 - 11/10/05 08:40 AM
Gold

Thanks Michelle - I think you hav probably just save me from a nasty eruption of bad stomach ache, I will put them straight back in the cupboard and as with yours they will be sure to stay there, I have been taking the Acacia too so hopefully that will b enough to keep things healthy and moving!!('',)

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help new
      #224080 - 11/10/05 08:53 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

Having the same problem. Ordered Heather's and have had them for two weeks now. Have only taken 4 pills. Have tried different ways of taking them. Tried the 1hr before eating, when eating, after eating and nothing stopped them from dissolving in my stomach. I was taking the Peppermint Plus that came in the blue and white bottle enzymatic therapy and they worked great. But Heathers where cheaper than what I was paying for them. Is it possible that we have just come across a bad batch?

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help new
      #224081 - 11/10/05 09:00 AM
anlikerm

No, I don't think so. The coating on Heather's peppermint caps are too thin for me. I can see straight through them......the enzymatic therapy ones have a harder outer shell that is able to bypass my stomach.
That's funny that you have been able to take the enzymatic therapy, too, but not Heather's. I definitely think it is the coating difference....it's a BIG difference, to me.
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help (reply to Knewada) new
      #224082 - 11/10/05 09:00 AM
Gold

Hhhm thats an intersting point a bad batch? Could be becasue I thought they were designed not to dissolve, I dont know if it is possible to get an expert opinion form Heather of who should and shouldnt can and cant take them etc?? Im a bit of a 'newbie' and havent been around for long so dont really know how it works?

Re: Dissolving Peppermint Capsules!!Help
      #224084 - 11/10/05 09:04 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

Was thinking about putting them in the freezer. Wonder if they would stay solid enough to pass through the stomach.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review