All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what to do if D doesn't stop after BTC foods? has this happened to anyone?
      #223992 - 11/09/05 07:37 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi guys,

Having suffered from IBS C for a long time I'm new to this D thing which is why i'm posting every two seconds!! I'm a fish out of water now...

I know that you are only supposed to stick to the BTC foods for a couple of days before returning to others.

What do you do though if you return to the other foods and the D continues? Should I go back to the BTC or persist?

Help?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

definitely been there new
      #224004 - 11/09/05 09:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've always been predominantly a D. Not to be discouraging, but my D attacks barely even slowed down until I'd been on the diet for a few months!

Honestly, once you've done BTC for a few days, you should go ahead and start adding foods back in. I didn't notice any difference one way or the other, so you might as well start getting a better variety of nutrients and such. Go carefully with IF foods, but definitely add healthy proteins and SF veggies in, or you're going to feel absolutely drained and awful in no time flat.

Don't feel bad about all the posts... the first time I went C, I completely freaked out and posted like crazy.

By the way, are you taking anything for the D? If it's really bothersome, you might try half a dose of an antidiarrheal medication. Imodium was seriously invaluable to me when I was trying to stabilize at first. With your history of C, though, I wouldn't go with more than that dosage, at least for now.

Re: definitely been there new
      #224007 - 11/09/05 09:44 PM
KinOz

Thanks Casey, I think I'll try slowly adding some other foods in now and see how I go as I definitely don't want to end up C again either.

Thanks for the advice and support - much appreciated.

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: definitely been there new
      #224014 - 11/09/05 11:46 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Been there, too! And seem to be doing it again right now! I can't do the immodium thing (even though sometimes in desperation I do it anyway in an emergency) because it just causes a more severe attack two or three days later. Even if I take just a 1/4 of a pill. Did that last week....bad idea! lol

No ideas for you except that I agree with previous poster...you might as well begin reintroducing the safest foods possible (baby food is an option) because you will get seriously ill from lack of nutrition. Been there, done that one, too! Anyway, hopefully you'll stabilize soon!

Re: thanks new
      #224015 - 11/10/05 12:17 AM
KinOz

Ta, I think I will... I hope you feel better soon too!

Thanks
Kerrie

--------------------

Re: im there now! new
      #224036 - 11/10/05 06:30 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

but im a C. any suggestions? I'm very tempted by some 'safe' cereal I have in the cupboard. If I'm getting off the BTC diet (still bloated), could I have safe manufactured foods, as well as safe IF?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 802

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review