All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
more about gas odor problems
      #223714 - 11/08/05 11:56 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I posted a link to a product for gas odor problems a while ago and today I ordered it! FlatD products
I will report on how well it works. I only ordered one in case it didn't work. As I am now starting a job around people and have had horrible gas lately I thought I would give it a shot. They also have a chair pad for people who work at their desk. you could say it was for another reason.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I was trying to find that old post! new
      #223719 - 11/08/05 12:08 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Let us know how they work! Did you see my post about cranberry juice helping the smell of gas?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

yes! I am buying some today! -nt new
      #223856 - 11/09/05 06:53 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Which product (s) did you order?-nt new
      #223858 - 11/09/05 07:10 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Which product (s) did you order? new
      #223875 - 11/09/05 08:14 AM
Little Minnie

I bought the reusable charcoal liner- one pack. If I like it I will buy the 5 pack. I didn't want to get the disposable because, although I really like the idea of throwing them out, it would be too expensive and so I wouldn't want to toss them. I might even get the chair pad if I end up at a desk a lot for my new job.

--------------------

Re: I was trying to find that old post! new
      #223938 - 11/09/05 01:15 PM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

Is that true?? How do you know?

hi minnie new
      #223984 - 11/09/05 06:29 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey i just saw this post---is that product really out there?!!? COOL!! i have the same problem as you...i get such bad/frequent gas-attacks especially when im around people and am always afraid they will smell it if i let it pass! so i hold it in and that usually makes me just more C!--so anywhooo, will you post how well that product works?? i am interested..is it kind of like a pad? im gonna save that site incase i decide to buy one

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Is this for me? new
      #224060 - 11/10/05 08:01 AM
Augie

...if so, here's the original post I wrote on how cranberry juice is suppose to help reduce smelly gas. Cranberry juice for smelly gas

--------------------
~ Beth

report on charcoal liners so far new
      #224183 - 11/10/05 07:10 PM
Little Minnie

I got the liner already today! I was pretty stinky this afternoon and put it on and kept yelling to DH "I've foiled nature!" But in the course of the evening one fart smelled a little bit; I think it came out at an angle and missed the liner. LOL. So there is sometimes a little bit of odor but pretty much none for now. I taped it on the outside of my underwear and was wearing a skirt. I will make a further report later.

--------------------

yes, you just gotta toot right on the liner and then they work- nt new
      #224188 - 11/10/05 07:27 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

If I taped one of those things on my drawers.... new
      #224191 - 11/10/05 07:31 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

just as sure as I am sitting here, the thing would fall out at church or something!

I once had the insert to a padded bra fall out where I worked and pretended like the others at the bank to wonder where on earth this thing that looked like a shoudler pad for a preemie baby came from!

When I admitted to my friend that it was mine about 6 months later, we were laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: more about gas odor problems new
      #353073 - 12/07/09 06:25 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey LM, so did these work? I am going to be in more social situations over the holidays and I am thinking of getting some of the thong liners. How festive!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Re: more about gas odor problems new
      #353097 - 12/09/09 04:21 PM
Little Minnie

They are a very big pain to use but do help with odor. I think the chair pad would be easier to use but limited to work.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3611 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review