All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: So wait... new
      #224498 - 11/12/05 10:36 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Well, I told my boss a few months back that my husband and I wanted to start a family soon, and working full time just wouldn't work for us. And he said "I'm open to that!" so I said good! So I'm thinking once I finally get pregnant, I'll sit down with him and figure out a schedule. My ideal is 2 days at the office and one at home, but we'll see. The problem is I'll still need to figure out child care for those 2 days. I'm hoping that I can find someone I know at least, but I'm trying not to let that problem stop me now.

So of course now that we've decided I can barely think of anything else. And the trouble is, my husband was in Detroit all last week, but has to go back Monday, for a few days, and I think next week is a "good" week for us to try, you know? But he can't change it, and I don't want to stress him with that fact so I haven't told him. We wanted this to be a low pressure thing (at least at first) so no sense making him think about it if I already am!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#224519 - 11/12/05 02:28 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

That's great that your boss is understanding like that. I think my boss would be willing to do it, but I don't think my company will let him. So I am definitely going to ask, but not until I'm already pregnant.

How many kids do you think you'll want? How long do you think you'll be doing part-time?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#224528 - 11/12/05 04:17 PM
epa_ginger

I think I'll want 3+ kids....and I'd probably want to do part-time until they were a bit older. So I'd guess a long time!! Who knows, maybe part-time forever if we can afford it. (I sure wouldn't mind!) What about you?

--------------------

#224529 - 11/12/05 04:26 PM
jen1013

wow! 3+! what does your husband want? My husband says 2 and that's it. I want more. But, I kind of think that once I experience childbirth, I might be just fine with only having two. How long do you plan to wait in between? Or whatever happens, happens?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Try doing a search for "endo"... new
      #224669 - 11/13/05 05:24 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

... it's what we call it here. If you do a search for Nelly and endo on all boards, no time limit, you'll get everything I've posted on the subject. Your gut pain sounds just like mine, unf...

~nelly~

#224776 - 11/14/05 08:37 AM
epa_ginger

My husband comes from a big extended family...his parents have 10 brothers and sisters---each! So he likes the idea of a big family. But his aunt is having her 7th in about 5 months and we both agree that's too many--at least for us.

I probably won't wait long in between the first two, I know my mom always said she liked that my brother and I were only 17 months apart...and then my younger brother came 5 years later. So we'll see. I know for sure, that god willing, I'll have more than 2. For some reason, that just isn't enough for me! I like the idea of having things a bit unbalanced.

--------------------

Nelly new
      #224915 - 11/14/05 03:24 PM
jen1013

I did do a search for endo ... actually, I searched for endo + laparoscopy because what I was really wondering was if I should be insisting on getting the laparoscopy done. Or something else. But I didn't get any answers from what I did turn up. Unless maybe it's because I'm not the only one who keeps misspelling laparoscopy??? How did you get diagnosed w/ endo?

--------------------
jen

#225832 - 11/17/05 04:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I just want to say "yay" for big fams!!!

I have been told by the medical community I will not having kids for now. They hope to find meds that are birthing safe for women with bipolar...so we'll see....

Hubby and I might adopt. If we do, we have talked about adopting one child every 2 years or so till we reach like 4 kids.

Anyhow...just wanted to chime in! yay for mommie hood!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Nelly new
      #225834 - 11/17/05 04:41 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

When I was 14 and started getting my periods, I had horrible pain that left me sidelined for about 5 days every month. I told the doctors it was like 1000 tiny fishhooks piercing my gut, all with fishlines pulling DOWN. The pain was constant and blinding, and predictably started 1 day before my period every 28 days. I wasn't bleeding very much, but the stuff that did come out of me was like somethin gout of Aliens... all veiny and membranes. Truely horrific. I was taking 36 advil at the time, as serious meds weren't available to me (Yeah, my parents don't BELIEVE in pain management for kids. )

Doctors told me the lining was forming mostly on the outside of my uterine wall instead of the inside, and that's what accounted for all the pain-- it was being reabsorbed into my bloodstream instead of coming out of me. This also accounted for the small flow.

I was treated with different bc pills-- first in the US where there are still only about 17 different kinds out there, then in France where over 100 are available (I went to France every year to visit my family over the summer, so that's where I got a lot of my treatment). I took all of the Orthos, plus some lighter estrogen ones and even the mini-pill. Unf, all of them made me bleed every day of the month, and gave me headaches which felt like I had an ax stuck in my skull.

Unf, they told me, you can't take estrogen. Well, s***! That sucks!

So when I heard about the progestrone shot (depo provera) I was the first in line when it got approved in the States. I've been on it constantly for the last 6 years (last period was in August '99, thank god!!! :grin), and all the endo symptoms, the cramping, PMS, etc. have dissappeared. I also have no more ovarian or uterine cysts (I had one that exploded when I was 14 or 15, truely a terrible experience).

A doctor can diagnose endo by you having the above symptoms, or if it seems that the tissue isn't being reabsorbed into your system, they can cut you open and scrape it off. Many women have this kind of surgery. I personally would rather set myself on fire, so I would rather control it with drugs. Hope I answered your questions!!

~nelly~

Jen.. new
      #225835 - 11/17/05 04:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi, nice to meet you!!

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner...

a) def be aggressive with your doc. You are PAYING them to help you...you are SO worth it *hugs*

b) check out the ic network (do a search on google for the website). I have interstitial cystitis. They also explain definitions for many female probs out there as well as how to get diagnosed and treatments and it is AWESOME!!

c) just wanted to say hi :-)

Keep us posted ok? And keep asking questions too...

Love ya, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2120

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review