All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Restricted Diet - sigh
      #2231 - 03/09/03 12:04 AM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

This been a bad IBS-D week for me. MY daily intake is restricted to bananas,oatmeal, white rice, egg whites, fish, soy milk, cooked vegies, french bread, soy bean butter (replacement for peanut butter) and mint tea. Thanks to Heather's cookbook some variety with what I have to work with. Love this site the TP debate made me laugh, sure needed that, thanks all.
Anyone like me dealing with IBS-D (running for bathroom in the mornings, accidents cause stress and sometimes tears.)
Mild pain and no headaches just embarrassing IBS-D.
Oh, to enjoy an apple again. Well, enough complaining.
My doctor has persribed Robinul glycopyrolate tabs 1mg,
anyone used this? Suppose to be smooth muscle relaxant like peppermint plus caps (heard about them here going to check them out.)
I'm fearful of meds due to past bad experiences.
Paintlady

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Restricted Diet - Oh, no!! new
      #2288 - 03/09/03 05:10 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

PaintLady - sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly this past week. Does soy bean butter taste like anything remotely related to peanut butter? Just wondering and where do you buy it? Health food store?

Speaking of peppermint capsules, I have some which I should take right now because I've had unruly gas for two days now. I've about had it and ready to give it the heave-ho!

Hope you're feeling better. And, if you know of stores your way that carry "stuff" that Sonora doesn't, please let me know. I live in Groveland and am in Sonora at least once a week (like today). Thanks.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Restricted Diet - Oh, no!! new
      #2307 - 03/09/03 08:53 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Soy Bean Butter - to me it tastes somewhat like roasted peanuts. But some of my friends tried it and said, no way I'm not eating that! I guess when you have less options you adapt cause you have to, when you don't, hard to eat strange foods. At least that's my 2 cents worth.
Can find SBB at Trader Joes and also at the Sonora Health food store, ("Country Store" in the junction shopping center, close to Long's). Soybean Butter brand name is "Soy Wonder" I buy the creamy.
thanks I feel better today.
Paintlady

Re: Restricted Diet - Thanks new
      #2325 - 03/10/03 06:41 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

PL - I was at the Country Store yesterday. THeir prices on some of their stuff is outrageous. I do get my organic spearmint and peppermint tea there by the pound. It's much cheaper than buying the ready made teabags. I got a great large teapot at the Dollar Store in the same SC and the pot lasts me all day. I have a huge hot cup in the morning and then make iced tea from it all day in a large plastic glass.

Glad you're feeling better today.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2764 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review