All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-Cers... Hope when nothing works
      #222864 - 11/02/05 07:00 PM
WendySmiling

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: Illinois

When you are so full that you cannot eat anymore, that is pretty much the high side of an attack for C, although there are varying degrees of misery on your way up to that point that can be considered attacks. Basically when you are totally miserable, it's a C attack. When you are this full you can't stand up straight, your back and neck are pulled and everything hurts.
These are pics of me after a week of no BM, and after downing a half gallon of Miralax. I almost went to the ER because nothing would work. I even tried enemas and suppositories and nothing would come out. Then I did the Miralax. The next day I had no bloating when I got up, but as soon as I ate it started all over again.

I've tried stimulants, miralax, zelnorm at a very high dose (24mg), stool softners, and I have grown a high tolerance to all of it in a short time and they don't work anymore, alone, or in combination.

What my gastro put me on as a last resort is domperidone. It's not available in the US, but can be bought via the web. My bloating went down 70-80% immediately and I have a BM at least three times a week. I combine the domeperidone with colase (stool softner). It's been almost a month and is still working well. I have paralyzation in the colon along w/ the IBS-C. I'll keep you updated.
WendySmiling in Oklahoma

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-Cers... Hope when nothing works new
      #222868 - 11/02/05 07:42 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Wendy, you are very brave.

Kate, IBS-D.

#222870 - 11/02/05 08:02 PM
WendySmiling

These pics helped my doctor. Explaining how you feel is one thing. Showing them is another. I just want to help people understand, and let others know they are not alone.
WendySmiling in Oklahoma

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

#222884 - 11/03/05 05:23 AM
melissamonica

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Thanks for sharing with us. That looks just like my belly- and I poop every day- EVERY DAY!
The only time my belly is flat like your pic on the right- is when I first wake up.

It's good to know we aren't alone in all this.

#222938 - 11/03/05 08:00 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Wow...so with paralization of the color, can fiber supplements help or would that make it worse?

--------------------
IBS-C

#223063 - 11/03/05 04:41 PM
WendySmiling

Quote:

Wow...so with paralization of the color, can fiber supplements help or would that make it worse?

IF fiber can be dangerous ulness throughly cooked and even then probably pureed. A bezoar is a ball of undigested fiber than can often require surgical removal.
IS fiber might be ok for some, but my endo cringes at the word fiber in general... but like Heather says, most people automatically think IF when they think of fiber.
WendySmiling in Oklahoma

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

#223089 - 11/03/05 07:29 PM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

yea no kidding, good for you. Thanks for sharing, it is nice to know others look and feel the way i do.

#223148 - 11/04/05 08:12 AM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

Thats a good idea ... showing pictures to your doctor. I'm 19 and weight 97 lbs ... no one EVER believes me when I tell them my belly bloats up to the size of a pregnant woman's belly (no offense to those who are pregnant )

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4027 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review