All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Sunni new
      #222100 - 10/30/05 07:37 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Just to let you know, I am about at the same point where you are right now and I would not try applesauce right now if I were you!!! It gave me one MOTHER of an attack last night! It was about a 5 hour attack just from one little thing of applesauce!!! Try peas and carrots, cooked, first. I was able to tolerate those better yesterday than the applesauce. It was too acidic, I think, for my system.
Good Luck!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

introducing IF foods new
      #222106 - 10/30/05 09:26 AM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

I second Sunni's q: after haing eaten all SF foods for a few days, whats the best way to re-introduce IF foods into your diet (as in which IF foods and at what rate)? Can you add in zero fiber, safe things like egg whites and low fat meats(seems like meat isnt generally advocated by many-why)? And the veggies have to be cooked and pureed, right? Thanks!

Introducing veggies new
      #222130 - 10/30/05 01:13 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Introduce the SF fruits/veggies first, so cooked carrots, bananas, etc. Some people are very sensitive to fructose so applesauce is not 100% safe for them so maybe wait on that. I'd also advocate eating any fruits or veggies after safe SF like rice at this stage.

Then try peas and finely chopped or peeled zucchini (the inners are SF high), all cooked and after SF.

Then try adding in other veggies after SF minimising (but neccesarily getting rid of by peeling) the IF as you need.

Get the book as well!

Re: about those enzymes... new
      #222139 - 10/30/05 02:52 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I take one or two enzymes whenever I eat anything. One if it is a small snack/mini-meal, i.e. a banana or applesauce or bowl of cereal. For anything larger, I take two.

Hope that's helpful. I despise feeling ill, having gas/bloating, indigestion, nausea/vomitting, etc.

Kate, IBS-D.

#222147 - 10/30/05 06:16 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Hello there- I am also IBS-D and I use digestive enzymes from market america. They seem to be the answer to my prayer. I drink them 3-4 times a day. The website I get them from is www. completeix.com (my neighbor is the unfranchise owner) and I truly believe in them. I stopped taking them for 2 weeks while I was trying to get pregnant with my 2nd child and my body flipped upside down so I started on them again and poof the tummy problems went away! Good luck and hopefully we will hear good news soon!

I second enzyme usage new
      #222149 - 10/30/05 06:17 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I get them from www.completeix.com and they are the answer to my prayers! Good luck

#222186 - 10/30/05 10:06 PM
budahbelly

I notice that both of you are IBS-Ds. I'm IBS-C, do you think the enzymes would be good for me too?
Thanks for your suggestions and the websites!

#222196 - 10/31/05 03:31 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, I do--especially after reading your complaints/concerns.

Enzymes basically organize the process of digestion. They assist those that are "challenged" in this area.

They help you break down your food so that you absorb as much as possible from it. The also reduce or eliminate g.i.
distress.

When food insults the gut one way or the other, a little help from diet and supplements is in order.

Plus, alot of people have poor gastric juices.

I feel/experience the difference, personally. My body doesn't know what to do with food unless I pop a pill to give it a few instructions/cues.

Seriously...I think I'd just live on sugar/electrolytes without those pills and just give up food altogether because it's frustrating.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: I think I will do the enzymes again new
      #222215 - 10/31/05 06:49 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

My husband says that I felt better when I was taking the Digest Gold enzymes from Enzymedica. They're expensive as hell, but I do think they helped. The Garden of Life enzymes were cheaper so I bought those this month and they just hurt my tummy SOOOOO bad so I stopped taking them. But, the Digest Gold never upset my stomach. They shouldn't, anyway, because they're soo expensive! Just be careful with them because the high amount of protease in them relieves constipation. So, if you're having diarrhea it can make it worse. Sometimes it would make mine worse if I took too many. I probably only took 1 a day. When I was taking 3 a day, I couldn't stop the diarrhea.
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: about those enzymes...
      #222279 - 10/31/05 11:31 AM
budahbelly

Thanks, I will definitly give them a try. I agree with you, I've pondered a way to live without eating- it's so damn overwhelming and frustrating trying to figure all this out, what works/doesn't for me, etc. Hopefully i will soon ... But sounds like the enzymes might really help.
Thanks everyone for your input!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review