Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloating....
      #221856 - 10/28/05 01:53 PM
Sunni

Reged: 10/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the Boards, and am so glad I found Heather's Website and her books!! They have been a great help. I am newly diagnosed with IBS and Lactose Intolerance.

I hope I am posting on the right board, but I have a question for everyone?

I have severe bloating and flutalence (gas), EVERYDAY! Since I have been following Heather's recipes and tips, I feel alot better!!

However, the gas is still there (and it is sooooooo embarrasing at work-I can't control it....smelly ...gross), and I always have severe bloating and a distended abdomen. I started taking a probiotic supplement, which helps a little, but what can I do about the constant horrible gas and bloating? All my pants are too tight around the waist from bloating!!

I am hoping you guys can share with me what helps all of you.

Thanks!

Sunni

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating.... new
      #221860 - 10/28/05 01:59 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hi again!! Fennel Tea has been a life saver for me!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: about fennel tea.. new
      #221879 - 10/28/05 03:54 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

do you need a tea strainer for that? Or does it come as a tea bag? I don't have a tea strainer or anything.

Heather sells Tea bags! new
      #221882 - 10/28/05 03:56 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

But tea balls are pretty cheap...or you can use a coffee pot with a strainer-plunger (what do you guys call them again? ).

#221924 - 10/28/05 06:49 PM
Sunni

Hi!

I use fennel tea everyday, between one to three or four cups. I use the store-bought tea bag one.

I still have severe bloating, though. I also use peppermint tea, a few times a day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sunni

#221928 - 10/28/05 06:56 PM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

If you can try some of the yoga poses that are on the board. It helps me a lot. Of course you would need a place to get away for a few minutes. I would not suggest you do them at work. Talk about embarassing. Yikes!

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

#221932 - 10/28/05 07:40 PM
Sunni

That's a great idea, thanks, Jimbo!

I love yoga. It's one of my favourite things to do, although I only get to do a long class about once a week.

Speaking of embarrassing, the gas (I can't control..as well as the bloating) are EMBARRASSING at work.

Are you doing these daily?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Sunni

Re: Heather sells Tea bags! new
      #221993 - 10/29/05 09:02 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

But tea balls are pretty cheap...or you can use a coffee pot with a strainer-plunger (what do you guys call them again? ).

French press.

--AC

#222000 - 10/29/05 11:17 AM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

Hey Sunni,
I am EXACTLY the same way- ALWAYS boated (sometimes more than ohers) and gassy. And youre right, it is uncomfortable and gross. I cant wear a lot of shirts cause my stomach sticks out so far. I often feel like avoiding certain social things because of the gas. I dont have much help since i've yet to figure out the secret too, but i do find that i typically feel better after my workout, which at least gets the gas moving if its stuck. When the gas is bad and esp. smelly (gross but true ) i use something called Phazyme (Simethicone 180mg- like gas-x, which did nothing for me, no idea why this one does), which really does make the gas stop (temporarily, of course). I might have to keep upping the dose for it to keep working but oh well. I dont know if y'all have it in Canada but its worth looking for. I'm also gonna try the fennel tea and those yoga poses. If i have an epiphany i'll let you know, and please do the same. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 915 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review