All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
colon
      #221438 - 10/26/05 12:01 PM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Hi,
Does anyone have a redundant (twisted colon) out there? I had a barium enema last year, and my husband and I saw that I had an extra long colon and many twists and turns. The gastroenterologist told me that the colon looked healthy so he would not recommend surgery. I remember having constipation since I was a child - my bowel movements can be large, and I know this is gross, but they can plug up my toilet. I am an IBS-C. Does anyone else have this experience?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: colon new
      #221507 - 10/26/05 04:54 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You might try doing a board search on "redundant colon", no time limit, all boards. I know there are other people on here who have that problem, but I couldn't tell you who offhand!

I have that too new
      #221559 - 10/27/05 07:07 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I also had a barium enema and was shown to have a redundant colon, but slight. My doctor told me that fiber would always cause more bloat because of that and to be careful when taking it, but basically that miralax or something, which I was already taking, was going to be a part of my life! What do you take for your C?

Jessica

Re: I have that too new
      #221573 - 10/27/05 09:44 AM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Jessica,
I eat a strict vegan diet and eat a fair amount of fiber. Other than that, I don't anything in particular for the C.
Susan

Jessica, are you still taking the Super Seed?-nt new
      #221580 - 10/27/05 10:15 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Jessica, are you still taking the Super Seed?-nt new
      #221657 - 10/27/05 04:43 PM
jessica28

I was for about a week and then with the wierd naseau I still get sometimes with the pregnancy, the taste of cinnamon was grossing me out big time...which is what it tastes like. So, like all other things that are grossing me out still, I'm taking breaks from them for awhile. It was working though...however I have added alot more protein to my diet with the baby and all and even with just the miralax, I'm pooping the same consistency as with the super seed. I wish I had been taking it this whole time though, sorry!

So you think it was working? new
      #221978 - 10/29/05 07:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...before your nausea caused you have to stop it? Although you did say you are going the same with or without it.

How much of it were you taking? And how much Miralax do you take?

PS. when is your due date? Do you know the sex of the baby yet?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: So you think it was working? new
      #222202 - 10/31/05 05:54 AM
jessica28

It was definitely working...I had more poop when I was using it, however, I'm still going good now. I'm taking one dose of Miralax in the morning and one before bed time. My due date is March 31st, just found out it's a boy!

One more thing.. new
      #222203 - 10/31/05 05:56 AM
jessica28

By the way...I was taking one tbls per day of Super Seed and the recommended dosage is actually two tbls...so, I can imagine how good it would work with two. I just hate drinking those clumpy drinks too, it's so hard to stick too. That's what I love about Miralax...no taste, no grit, you don't even know you are drinking it. Too bad they all can't be like that.

Jessica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1515

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review