All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Angela and LM new
      #219655 - 10/15/05 06:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well it might not be true but I have found it to be the case most of the time. Unless a specific food causes it which happens sometimes but usually you know what the culprit was. Right now I have the stinky gas (see post below as to why) and yet I go everyday. But I haven't gone as much as I should have for a week so there is a backup. Yet I don't know everything!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Angela and LM new
      #219684 - 10/16/05 10:02 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Beth when Oprah had her show on with the GI doctor he said that a healthy person should pass gas at least 12-14 times a day! I couldn't believe it but that is what he said. So I guess that makes us normal huh?? LOL

I agree with LM! new
      #219703 - 10/16/05 01:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It could be a transition phase or it could be coincidence. Either way, as your BMs are getting better I think it's worth a try! And btw, IMHO 5 weeks is not a long time at all in terms of SFSs. When I first went on a SFS it took about a month of a good dose to feel benefits.

Hey, do you take a probiotic? I just remembered that one difference btn Acacia and other SFSs is the prebiotic effect...maybe it's helping stabilise your bacteria levels?

Just wondering if long time users of Acacia new
      #219857 - 10/17/05 10:53 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

have gas now....or how long it lasted if it was only during the increasing phase.

I do take a probiotic.

I think I may need to increase again as the BMs have stopped, yet once again.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thanks for the support Bob-nt new
      #219864 - 10/17/05 11:04 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Acacia users! new
      #219870 - 10/17/05 11:18 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I think I'll be gassy for life no matter what. I can eat pretty much as I like, the bloat is better...not entirely gone....and the pain is gone. But GAS? ALWAYS....all day and the smell depends on what I ate....I don't blame my Gas on anything but the stupid IBS.

And my tummy has been really mad at me all weekend anyway, so now is not a good time to be answering this. But I am always gassy! Never has stopped!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

That's what I was afraid of! new
      #220244 - 10/19/05 08:50 AM
Augie

Maybe I'll just be gassy all the time, no matter what I eat or take. I'd rather have gas than constipation....so I need to keep increasing the SFS because I'm still not going everyday!

If the Acacia takes the pain, bloat, and C to a lesser degree, I can be a happier person!

Thanks Kim!

--------------------
~ Beth

well-- new
      #220380 - 10/19/05 06:28 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey beth--
i had gas before i started on the acacia--i have gas when im using acacia--and if i forget to take it for one day--or if im out of synch with my psyllium, i have WAY MORE GAS THEN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH! true for me that my gas never seems to subside, i figure its always going to be like that. how often do you wait to eat? theres times that i go a long time without eating mainly b/c i cant. sad huh? it sucks b/c my stomach is always hurting and growling so bad. i noticed that on days like that, when i finally do eat, i always get really bloated. are you getting enough water? cliche--but if youre taking SFS and not getting enough water--you get really bad gas b/c youre not hydrated enough to push out the poop on deck in your colon. sorry too much info-- but its totally true! i had gas all day today b/c i didnt take psyllium last night b/c i ran out so until tomorrow ill feel almost like i can poop, but nothing but gas will come out. ibs sucks doesnt it? *HUG*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

yep, it sucks! new
      #220385 - 10/19/05 07:10 PM
Augie

How much Acacia do you take? And I'm surprised that the psyllium helps your gas....I thought psyllium increased gas.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Acacia users! new
      #220711 - 10/21/05 07:28 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

For me the gas is the last symptom to go away. It also comes back rapidly if I eat anything bad, such as dairy or chinese takeout.

Also, it has always been my understanding that gas is caused by the bacteria in our systems, not old feces. I'm guessing that by providing the sulfur-producing bacteria a food source they like (eg, dairy), they begin to thrive and thus produce the gas.

BTW, when I don't take acacia regularly it does wonders for the constipation. Even if I haven't taken it in a week or two, I'll take 2T in one day, with no negative side effects. I actually prefer to not take it on a regular basis.

Edited by Safari567 (10/21/05 07:32 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 915 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review