All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ruby Tuesday Smart Eating Menu
      #219356 - 10/13/05 11:45 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm going to be traveling in November and in one spot I'm visiting, the food choices are thin on the ground. There is a Ruby Tuesday. Most of their food looks like it's out of the question for me, but I was wondering if anyone has tried items off the Ruby Tuesday Smart Eating menu, in particular the Grilled Chicken (21% of calories from fat)?

As a side comment, I know low-carb is still popular, but under who's possible definition are these two entrees "Smart Eating":

New Orleans Seafood - Spicy broiled tilapia and shrimp topped with creamy Alfredo sauce. 507 calories, 31 grams of fat (55% of calories from fat)

Church Street Chicken - Grilled chicken with sautéed mushrooms, crisp bacon and melted Swiss cheese.   523 calories, 32 grams of fat (55% of calories from fat)

Sheesh!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ruby Tuesday Smart Eating Menu new
      #219362 - 10/13/05 12:01 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I actually have good luck with Ruby Tuesday. You can get a piece of spicy fish w/o sauce and a plain baked potato. Imagine that a restaurant still serves a "plain" baked potato during the low carb phenomenon.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Ugh... new
      #219371 - 10/13/05 12:41 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

ever since I noticed their smart eating section and the nutritional notes, I stick to the salad bar!! I mean, if that's their "Smart eating" what on earth are the regular entrees like?!?!

--------------------

Thanks, guys. It's nice to know I won't starve in the wilds. -nt- new
      #219472 - 10/14/05 09:53 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 699

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review