All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Close to staying stable...
      #217881 - 10/06/05 04:08 PM
tama_chan

Reged: 06/18/05

Hello!

After every test possible was done, I came to the conclusion that I do, 100% sure, have IBS. A month ago I tried the Tummy powder again that I bought from Heather's store, and stayed on it for about two weeks. During those two weeks I ate regularly to see if anything would happen, but it didn't seem like it. But after about 3 weeks (now mid September) my pains started to go away! I could use the bathroom fine, didn't have excess gas, and I wasn't feeling miserable. I couldn't believe it! I cryed thinking it would last forever, but after about a week of being stable, the pains came back just like before. Now I never changed my diet during the entire course to see what would happen, but I did stop the powder. I don't know if the powder helped or not because it wasn't until another three weeks that I didn't feel pain at all.

Could someone tell me if thats possible? Could the Tummy powder still work even after you stopped it for three weeks, but then during the time I did stop, the cycle broke and it delayed itself? Sorry if this is confusing... I'm just trying to figure out how I became completely stable for that one week, because now I have hope that I can live with out pain somehow.

Thank you,
Chris

(P.S When I did use the powder, I was using a full tablespoon in the morning).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm totally confused new
      #217929 - 10/06/05 07:28 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Did you feel better while taking acacia? Or did you start feeling better after stopping it? Did you stop it because it wasn't making a difference and then felt better going off of it? Why did you stop it?

I'm confused as to what you did. And what, exactly, you are doing now. And, what your asking? Are you back on the Acacia?

Re: I'm totally confused new
      #217946 - 10/06/05 08:57 PM
tama_chan

I'm sorry, I was on break and I'll try to type it more clearly:

I took the powder for about two full weeks. One tablespoon in the morning. I stopped because I was feeling the same, and did not take anything at all. After three weeks went by, my pains almost completely went away out of the blue. I am questioning on if the powder finally kicked in after three weeks, then because I didn't take it for that short period, the pains came back. If thats not it, then I'm puzzled because I didn't change my diet in September, yet my pains just went away with out any reasoning.

I hope this was more clear.
Thanks again!

#217955 - 10/07/05 02:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well for a start, you should slowly introduce the Acacia, not just jump in at 1T dose and then just stop. It can take a couple of months to feel the full benefit of a SFS - and that's after you get to a decent dose so you HAVE to stick at it.

And I think you're asking an impossible question to answer. Maybe it was the Acacia, maybe you just had a good wekk...who knows?!

#217967 - 10/07/05 06:53 AM
tama_chan

How am I asking a impossible question? After feeling no pain for a week after 9 months, I think it's pretty normal to try and figure out what the heck I did to stabalize myself. I refuse to quit until I fix what the problem is.

#218001 - 10/07/05 08:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was just saying that we probably won't be able to give an answer and certainly not a definite one! I didn't mean to be negative but IBS is sooo complicated. I mean I'd start by asking the following, did you sleep well, were you having fun, did you find it easier to get up in the mornings, what was the weather like, did you have lots of sex, were you having an easy time at work, did you eat more frequently, did you stop or start eating anything new, etc, etc, etc.

Stick at the Acacia. That you had a good week after starting taking it is certainly a positive sign if nothing else. Plus I love the stuff and I've been on it for years now!

#218810 - 10/10/05 11:05 PM
tama_chan

Thank you, I will continue to take the powder in small doses for now. Yea... I honestly can't think of what else I did to change my habits or life style that could make the pain go away so abruptly in a week. ^_^ I will figure it out though.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1085 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 916

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review